• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Online: Eberron Unlimited

Asmo

First Post
I saw that you can play it for free now, so I downloaded it - and boy, what a game! I´m really enjoying it, and I wonder if there´s any other EnWorlders playing it?
I´m playing on Sarlona, and I´m soloing mostly, but want to try it with a party sometime, perhaps joining a guild later on. Currently I´m a lvl 4 human cleric.

Asmo

Irondeacon

First Post
Welcome to DDO! If your interested, heres a bit of advice:

Keep playing a Cleric, and you're sure to be invited to play in pick up games (Pugs). Everybody loves clerics!

Guild comraderie really does elevate the game to a new level, but, take your time before joining a guild. Best way to pick a good fit is to run a couple of adventures with them first.

Check out ddo cast www.ddocast.com for a great podcast about ddo. Very good stuff.

Don't be afraid to say Hi if you see the Deacon on Sarlona (Irondeacon, Steeldeacon, etc.)

Id Fiat Iron Deacon Si

Kaodi

Hero
I will be back playing DDO probably once I am back in London, Ontario (starting with the train ride there, probably). I forget what I have on Sarlona... That might possibly be my level 5 wizard...

Nytmare

David Jose
I play on Khyber, normally as a random-classed Warforged named Chapter.

Back when the game was only free for your first week, I played all the time, racing a free character up as high as I could, and then juggling all the equipment off onto a new character: wash, rinse, repeat.

The highest I ever got was level 7, and I think that Chapter's next incarnation will be lucky number 13.

Now that the game is free, they've already finagled like 20 bucks out of me, and I've probably used a 100th of the electronic resources I originally bled out of them. I'm too easily manipulated.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
I enjoyed it, but I have the same problem with it that I have with all MMOs, I get bored after about only a week, and there's not a strong plot to propel me forward. Maybe it would be different if I had some friends that I could regularly get online with.

IronWolf

blank
I enjoyed it, but I have the same problem with it that I have with all MMOs, I get bored after about only a week, and there's not a strong plot to propel me forward. Maybe it would be different if I had some friends that I could regularly get online with.

A guild can help, but if you find yourself bored after a week I am not sure even a guild will help with that. It seems MMO's click for some people and for others it just isn't their thing.

Remove ads