D&D (2024) D&D Preview at Garycon

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Wizards confirmed for having proficiency with all simple weapons.

I actually forgot they had changed that, it really flew under the radar with all the other changes they made in UA.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Wizards confirmed for having proficiency with all simple weapons.

I actually forgot they had changed that, it really flew under the radar with all the other changes they made in UA.
Isn't it Tales of the Valiant that eliminated wizard weapon proficiency?

The big table is sort of on the 2nd page when looking at the classes in the Unearthed Arcana. I guess the big thing for having it on page 3 is that it means all classes have a big 1 page picture at the start.
Yeah whilst I laughed out loud at the table being moved to stop it intimidating people and still find it a funny concept, there is no question whatsoever that starting with a big, cool picture of a member of that class is the right way to get people to want to play that class, and by putting the table on third page is does mean you'll always see at least two pages of more approachable and cool material before getting to the grittiest mechanical stuff.

This weirdly makes me more positive about the 2024 PHB because it's the sort of basic good design D&D has, historically, completely overlooked or even sometimes seemingly actively opposed.

I also notice the Wizard image, whilst a bit modern-dressed for my liking (also a bustier, really? I mean it's quite Fashion but...), is at what I would consider "Magic The Gathering" levels of quality, rather than "D&D" levels of quality which is to say much HIGHER than 4E/5E art quality typically has been (I know, @Parmandur or someone is going to point out it's been improving for a while - and it has, but it's good to see that continues).

Remove ads