• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Race You Hate the Most

Which D&D Races Do You Hate? Choose All That Apply!

• human

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • elf

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • dwarf

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • gnome

Votes: 39 14.2%
  • halfling

Votes: 29 10.5%
  • 1/2 elf

• 1/2 orc

Votes: 38 13.8%
  • drow

Votes: 88 32.0%
  • duergar

Votes: 83 30.2%
  • tiefling

Votes: 71 25.8%
  • aasimar

Votes: 65 23.6%
  • genasi

Votes: 86 31.3%
  • warforged

Votes: 84 30.5%
  • shifter

Votes: 69 25.1%
  • changeling

Votes: 63 22.9%
  • kender

Votes: 134 48.7%
  • thri-kreen

Votes: 77 28.0%
  • mull

Votes: 69 25.1%
  • goliath/1/2 giant

Votes: 62 22.5%
  • githyanki or -zerai

Votes: 81 29.5%
  • dragonborn

Votes: 94 34.2%
  • winged folk/raptoran/etc.

Votes: 125 45.5%
  • other subraces (explain)

Votes: 43 15.6%
  • other half-races or planetouched (explain)

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
[EDIT "PS"] Elf being separated from Eladrin would be like saying, "OK, from now on, all Dwarf characters are, HENCEFORTH, by default, "Azer"....or "Stone Golems"....or you can play one of these fleshy bearded guys."

Note to 5e Developers who may, or may not, be around ENworld: DON'T... YOU...DARE!!!!! :rant:

dangerous jack

First Post
I answered the following races, based on whether:
* do they fill a niche
* would I try to find a place for them if a player wanted to play one IMC
* have I ever seen a compelling character with the race

Gnome - Tiny eladrin? Tinker gnomes? Rodents? :)
Kender - If they aren't annoying in your game, they are being played against type anyway
Duergar - Dark dwarves? They don't seem as flavourful or interesting as drow
Githyanki - Evil Space Elves?

Tallifer

Hero
None really. If the world is like Eberron or Alice in Wonderland, then I like them all. If we are playing Pendragon, then humans and fey only.

As far as playing them myself, the most important thing is what they bring to my class.

kitsune9

Adventurer
I never was a fan of gnomes and kender annoyed me to no end, mainly because of how other players always played them with no depth and never against type.

I did enjoy one set of novels which featured a kender named Sindri Suncatcher as he was against type.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Drow: I prefer evil races for monsters rather than PCs.
Warforged: I don't like robots in fantasy settings.
Other: Can't stand shardminds, don't like wilden. They just have messy flavor. I'm also not a fan of hamadryad as a PC race, though I have yet to see one in action.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I love the gnomes, they never really had a type other than being tinkerers and animal friends, and that is just a base to expand on. Did your players all want to be little McGyvers talking to their badgers?

Gryph

First Post
Evil, Black elves and Drizzzzzzzzz. If I could go back in time, they would be on my list of things to undo.

Kaodi

Hero
Dragonborn should be the deformed children of ancient dragons who were too succesful with the whole "devouring pure heated maidens" racket, who while exceptionally delicious, are poisonous to the dragons reproductive system.

Shardminds should be Sardior's dreams of dragonborn-like servants, brought to life out of the crystal shards in his lair.

Warforged outside of Eberron should be an engineered imitation of Shardminds.

I really don´t like the "classic" races (elfs, dwafs, halflings and gnomes) if they are used in the classic way, but with some modifications (they all can be cool, like in darksun, darksun halflings rulez.

Remove ads