D&D 5E D&D Retropective: 5e ends not with a bang, but a whimper

Scribe

Legend
I dont know that the year was all that bad from a release perspective, and if BG3 is falling under "D&D Releases" then it was a huge success, considering it is factually one of the great games of all time.

Now, if Wizards actually learned from BG3, well then its an even better year, but I wont hold my breath for that one.

Zardnaar

Legend
I dont know that the year was all that bad from a release perspective, and if BG3 is falling under "D&D Releases" then it was a huge success, considering it is factually one of the great games of all time.

Now, if Wizards actually learned from BG3, well then its an even better year, but I wont hold my breath for that one.

Seems bone headed they didn't have a tie in product.

Or urban adventure like the 2 Waterdeep ones.

Last edited:

Scribe

Legend
Seems bone headed they didn't gave a tie in product.

Yeah, I think I may just have lower expectations of Wizards at this point, but I dont see the year as being worse than 2022, off the top of my head, at least from a release perspective. Outside of releases, clearly it wasnt a great year, but 5e/D&D retrospective on 23? It was fine.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Seems bone headed they didn't have a tie in product.

It came out several years ago. :)

The timeline on BG3 was hurt a lot by the pandemic, I bet. And the Shattered Obelisk uses a couple of the same themes. Though not, I believe, that effectively.

Cheers,
Merric

Remove ads