• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Risk?!?

scarymonkey

First Post
Check out the survey on the Avalon Hill website where they state-

"We're thinking of producing another Risk game and would like to get your opinion on some ideas."

And one of the ideas is:

"Risk game set in one of the imaginary worlds from the Dungeons & Dragons game, like Greyhawk, the Forgotten Realms or Dragonlance"

Vote here-
http://www.wizards.com/survey/risk.htm

Crothian

First Post
I'm not a Risk fan, but do like the changes in Risk 2210. I think the ancient world Risk is much more interesting then the D&D version.

Mercule

Adventurer
Count me out for the FR Risk, but I'd like to see Greyhawk Risk. Dragonlance Risk would be cool, too. And, even though I'm not a big PlaneScape fan, the alternate rules there might make for a great game. What will probably kill this project, though, is trying to figure out which world to use.

I'd also get a kick out of an "Odin Risk" (deities).

Wormwood

Adventurer
Cthulhu Risk: Deep Ones, Elder Things, The Great Race, the Spawn of Yog-Sothoth and the Mi-Go all battle for control over our puny sphere.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
I'm an old-timer RISK player.

I don't play it anymore because of the incredible amount of time it takes to play a game of... well... dice-chuckin.

BUT, I am VERY much a HUGE fan of Risk 2210 - it is absolutely incredible. LOVE it.

On the other hand, I am VERY disappointed with the latest RISK release, the Lord of the Rings Risk. The map is difficult to use, the territories too small, the continents too poorly defined in game terms (most continents have more borders to other continents than they have internal borders, it seems!) and they didn't supply enough pieces to actually conquer Middle Earth without dipping into the pieces of another player (just happened in our last game which we played tonight).

We have retired the LotR Risk set to the shelf of games never to be played again... sadly.

I fear that any attempt to make a D&D risk will feel too much like LotR Risk and not enough like 2210.

Instead, have them bring back DUNE (the BEST licensed Avalon Hill game ever) with all the new fancy plastic pieces for armies and special sardaukar & fremen pieces instead of the little cardboard counters.

Mercule

Adventurer
HellHound said:
Instead, have them bring back DUNE (the BEST licensed Avalon Hill game ever) with all the new fancy plastic pieces for armies and special sardaukar & fremen pieces instead of the little cardboard counters.

Never played it. Sounds awesome. Care to elaborate?

Was it primarily wargame? Diplomacy? Trading? Resource management?

I'm trying to group it, mentally. Is it like Risk, Samuri Swords (Shogun), Civilization?

Valmur_Dwur

First Post
Ah Hellhound; you should have combined the 2 together :p I mean we thought (through a few beers mind you!) that Risk 2210 PLUS LotR:Risk would play better togather. I mean come on NUKE the Shire and all:D

Aaron L

Hero
Risk 2210 is the greates boardgame I have ever played, without a doubt. I would aoutomatically buy any Risk based on any D&D world, but I'd prefer Oerth or Faerun.

PS are you talking about the Dune game where you had the big cards of the different characters, with a clip to mark their hit points on the side, and they would fight when they met on the board? That was a rad game, with the spice collectors and the little plastic spice asterisks. Wish I still had it.

Ranger REG

Explorer
I wonder if they're going to introduce Birthright/Cerilia setting to the Risk product line. That would be a good place to market the IP acquired from TSR.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads