• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D sold to an internet company?

Hellcat

First Post
I found this on the Fantasy Flight Games website under "rants"...

"Dungeons and Dragons sold!
Looks like they waited until the con to make the announcement. WoTC has sold D&D, and all related publishing rights, to…an internet company?! “We look forward to launching the Dragons and Dungeons brand into the top-of-mind awareness of the internet community,” quotes the owner of Follow The Dot Com. “We will empower our gamers, and bring roll-playing into the future with our new Gamer First initiative. It will multiply the number of hits on our website [powered by Intuitive Idiot Interface ™] by an unprecedented values. The future is right here, right now.” I dunno, sounds too good to be true."

Wikidogre

First Post
Hmmm

doubtful, how would ffg have that as a rant, if wotc, does not even have it posted on thier site, if you read the rant better, origins is this coming weekend, and he is ranting from the future on monday,,,,,after Origins.

JohnNephew

First Post
If you read carefully, you'll notice that Eric is writing that rant two days ago, speculating on the surprises that Origins will have two days later. Note how he also talks about people mortgaging their houses to preorder FFG's new CCG.

Relax, it's a spoof. ;-)

(On the other hand, in the crazy rumor department, the other day someone told me someone else told him that he had heard on the radio an interview with Ted Turner saying he was going to buy D&D! I think I'll wait for corroboration on that one...)

teitan

Legend
I hope that Monte, Peter, Ryan and Johnathan get together and form a new company and purchase DnD as a whole. That would be the best thing to happen to DnD since TSR sold to WOTC. I dread anyone else getting it and making a fourth edition, unless it uses some of the newer armor rules like DR instead of deflection etc and WP/VP.

Jason

JohnNephew

First Post
d20Dwarf said:
Now now, John, the mortgage crack was based on our latest market research. :cool:

Well, you may be on to something. With 30-year fixed mortgages averaging an unbelievable under-6.5%, it's almost criminal NOT to get a cash out refinancing and spend the proceeds on all the game products you can lay hands on before inflation strikes!

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I don't see it as true due to the fact Hasbro sold the gaming/electronic rights to D&D to Infogames, that was why there were some issues with MasterTools and Neverwinter Nights.

d20Dwarf

Explorer
Ok, since there still seems to be some confusion:

The rant was all in fun, WotC did not sell D&D to an internet company....

yet....

:D

Remove ads