• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D websites - the cream of the crop?

Grazzt

Demon Lord
ParagonofVirtue said:

Also, the Creature Catalouge is an awesome site!

Heh. Thanks, except that Morrus stated in his original post: "(other than EN World and hosted sites, of course)."

:)

Danyon Dehlmari

First Post
hmmm.. Well, it's biased for me to name my own site, or the Campaign Site I am a part of. (So, I won't) :D

Here's my list in top order: (You said not to include ENWorld, otherwise I'd name them in my list ;) )

1. WotC
2. Mortality.Net
3. Monte Cook
4. Nutkinland
5. Gamingreport.Com
6. GameWyrd
7. Vahalla
8. Pen and Paper

Great topic Morrus!

:cool:

JeffB

Legend
1) Necromancer Games
2) Not D&D but it is D20..SWRPG.net
3) Canonfire

I've got a few more..but those are the three I find most useful and/or enjoyable..honestly I don't find many of the D&D sites out there very good and/or useful...But there are some for other games that I really, really like.

zdanboy

First Post
I do not want to plug anything but, the site that I am admin of:

www.rpgcampaign.com

It steel a relatively small one, but we are growing every day and we even have a radio show! (as Mortality does) Stop by, if ya have a chance...

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I would recommend Realms of Evil, Planewalker/PS3e, Montecook.

Nutkinland deserves a(n dis)honorable mention.

And I think the FFd20 site is very cool considering it's by one guy with Word and an imagination!

But, then, I'm self-pimping for that one.

jezter6

Explorer
I'd like to second the nomination for monte's site.

I also enjoy 3rdEdition.org as well, mostly for the cartoons and their version of the 3E Sage..albeit much ruder. :)

MangahunterD

First Post
If you are a fan of the Wheel of Time then there is one ultimate site you really need to go to. It is The Mabinogin.
It is a great site and he is one of the contributors, among other things, to the netbook "Under the Dragons Banner".

You should check it out!

http://www.mabinogin.com/

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Could you guys provide a bit more info, rather than just URLs and site names. Why are these sites the best ones out there? What's there?

I'm mainly interested in your opinions on the sites - a short paragraph telling me why it should be included on the list would be extremely helpful. :)

I'll probably list 10 or so (not a strict number) witha description of each. Essentially, what we're talking about here are mini-reviews - something that will compel people to visit rather more than "It's good!" will. :)

Oh, and zdanboy ... no nominating your own site. Everyone thinks their own site should be on the list. I'm trying to find out here what other people think. :)

[Edit - this is fairly important. I want to concentrate on sites that do something fairly unique, or which do the thing they do the best. So "another news site" or "another messageboard" isn't really going to be the sort of thing I'm interested in, even if they are very good.

For example, IF I were including hosted sites, I'd put the Creature Catalog and (now gone, unfortunateloy) Jamis Buck's site on the list. Both do something that isn't really covered elsewehere, and both do it extremely well. But I'm not going to include the hosted sites because I figure that most EN World visitors already know about them. :)

I want to point people towards really cool things that they might not otherwise find.]

Last edited:

Danyon Dehlmari

First Post
Alright! From the top then! ;) :)

1. WotC- Good Community, Loads of information, Official Errata, Official Game FAQs, and Board FAQs, Designers post there from time to time. Chats are always good, and they have special events.

2. Mortality.Net- d20 publishers and many publisher hosted forums. Mortality Radio, great interviews and contests at times. Kithmakers reviews alone are worth it.

3. Monte Cook- Great place to get to know Monte! I love things like his PrC workshop, Line of Site, and Rants.

4. Nutkinland- This place is just fun! They also have OT Forums!!! Definitly a place you can cut loose and just relax! Always nice.

5. Gamingreport.Com- Great news and articles. They sometimes get top scoops. I mostly head there for such.

6. GameWyrd- Terrific Reviews! While I know that normally reviews are a dime a dozen, his aren't IMHO.

7. Vahalla- They offer very wide variety of of forums. That's one of the reasons I like them so much! Multimedia, and the studio- a place where you can request custom graphics and post your artwork.

8. Pen and Paper- They offer news, Photo Gallery, Nice resource site over all.

Not quite paragraphs, but that's off the top of my head while chasing my kids. :D

Remove ads