• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&d xp

capn_frank

First Post
I like the fact that WOTC is creating different characters for the different events.
None of these are the same as the 5 for the PH2 Worldwide D&D Game Day coming in March.

Cap'n Frank

Ktulu

First Post
Interesting on the Barbarian. In the article about playtest in December, they suggested the Barbarian would get a change to his AC, so as not to rely on heavier armors.

Checking out his AC, he's got a 17 (1 from level, 4 from +1 hide armor, and +1 dex). That adds up to 16. It doesn't appear that the Barb gets his secondary stat to AC like the other primal classes have.

The other threads have talked about weapon expertise, but I wonder if the +1 to attack doesn't come from the great weapon prowess of the goliath, and that weapon expertise (in keeping with 3.x naming conventions) = a bonus to AC when weilding a chosen weapon type.

Just speculations. I wish it was march.

darjr

I crit!
Speaking of the pregens. I'm kinda liking them.

It would be rather nice if the CB could generate something very similar. I'm of the mind that a 'form' like character sheet is a bit overkill for CB characters.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Here was one bit of info from over on Gleemax that was mentioned at D&Dxp

Will we be getting the virtual tabletop?
* Mearls: We're still focusing on the Character Builder, and perfecting it. We still don't have any scheduling information for other products

Read into that as you will I suppose.

capn_frank

First Post
I got some more info on the PH2 Worldwide D&D Game Day pregens, including their Paragon Path Names -

Level 11
Balasar of Bahamut - Male Dragonborn Paladin (Faithful Shield)
Ilivarra - Female Drow Avenger (Zealous Assassin)
Markaria - Female Tiefling Invoker (Blightspeaker)
Roswyn - Female Gnome Bard (Summer Rhymer)
Squeaks - Warforged Barbarian (Frenzied Berserker)

I got some more info on the PH2 Worldwide D&D Game Day pregens, including their Paragon Path Names -

Level 11
Balasar of Bahamut - Male Dragonborn Paladin (Faithful Shield)
Ilivarra - Female Drow Avenger (Zealous Assassin)
Markaria - Female Tiefling Invoker (Blightspeaker)
Roswyn - Female Gnome Bard (Summer Rhymer)
Squeaks - Warforged Barbarian (Frenzied Berserker)

Between this snip and the D&DXP characters, anyone else getting a strong suspicion that Warforged are in PHB II?

drothgery

First Post
Between this snip and the D&DXP characters, anyone else getting a strong suspicion that Warforged are in PHB II?

Since the PHB2 previews and cross-referencing other materials has already given the list of PHB2 races (and warforged aren't on it), and the D&DI preview warforged said straight out it was an Eberron Player's Guide preview, I'm thinking no.

emperor799

First Post
I'm just saying that the Warforged race was/is featured in the two major previews for PHB2. Who's to say its not a late addition, due to player interest?

Just so you understand, WotC has specifically said that they aren't interested in double-printing material. Dragon content is official 4e content and they've said that non-preview/playtest articles are official finalized 4e content. If you see the Warforged article in a physical product at all, it would be Dragon Annual this fall. As far as a couple pregens popping up, it may be that Chris Sims makes the pregens, something I find somewhat likely given that the individual Warforged article was posted along with 2 pregens. Note that the delve pregens also included Elf and I doubt they'll be reprinted in PH2 and the Gameday pregen include Dragonborn and Drow and I doubt they'll be reprinted in PH2.

Remove ads