• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&dna

A "half-illithid" is when an illithid puts a tadpole in a non-human host (such as a giant, lizardman, or goblin). They don't become "true" ithillids", but so they are "half-ithilid, half-X". Its certainly not sexual reproduction, but it is another "cross" race.
Well, the Illithid reproduction cycle is not really sexual reproduction - but it's there way of reproducing! Interesting question might be whether it affects the DNA in a meaningful way or not. But then - it's not like DNA can be assumed to exist or work in any way like our world in a fantasy world...

Scribble

First Post
Stick just to official races, or also to official rules as written?

I ask because there's a big difference. (and in what rule set can Humans and Dwarves interbreed? That's a new one on me...)

Yeah I kind of want to stick to the "official" D&D races that have been released that specifically say 1/2 whatever.

Stuff like centaurs and all while they're basically 1/2 man and 1/2 horse, they're an established race... as oppoesed to the 1/2 races that are two established races "coming together" to form a new thing... if that makes sense.

Also I find it funny that 1/2 races are almost always 1/2 human 1/2 somethign else... Man humans in D&D'll do the nasty with just about anything!

thedungeondelver

Adventurer

Dragons + Lions (Dragonne)
Dragons + Basilisk (Dracolisk)
Dragons + Lions + Cockatrice (Chimera)
Somethin' + Somethin' else (Bulette - "The result of a mad wizard's experiment", I dunno, maybe...shark + armadillo?)
Yellow Musk Plant + Human (Yellow Musk Zombie)

Calico_Jack73

First Post
If by official you mean "In Print" then I offer these mixes from the Midnight setting.

Elf + Halfling = Elfling
Dwarf + Orc = Dworg
Dwarf + Gnome = Dwarrow

Dire Bare

Legend
What races throughout the history of the game have been able to create 1/2 races?

Even if you ignore chimerical creatures (like the actual chimera and centaur types) and the various "1/2" templates, the list of D&D crossbreeds is a long one.

Races like the ogrillion, orog, mul, etc, listed in other posts are only the tip of the iceberg . . . if I remember correctly.

One that pops into my mind (why I don't know) is the horag, which is a cross between a hill giant and an ogre (I think).

There is also the PC race from late 2nd Edition (this might have been in 3rd Ed too), the half-ogre, which is half human/half ogre . . . similar to ogrillion and orog (half orc/half ogre).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads