• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d12, the LEAST used die

Aus_Snow

First Post
Darth Cyric said:
How about let's not get rid of any die at all?
How about let's add some more? :D

I likes me some d24, f'rex. d30's kinda sentimental too. There has to be a use for d7s, I swear. . . actually, if you like finer-grained damage, hell yeah. :) Oh, and on that note, the d5 - why use a d10 for that all the damn time?

No, seriously. I would love it if games used more types of dice in general.

RigaMortus2 said:
Just curious if WotC will be removing the d12 as one of their standard die? Right now, it is the least used die. The thing that prompted me to think/ask this is from a quote someone else said in a different thread...

get rid of the d10, use d12 instead of d10 always, d10 is bad for your health and lower your defense to attack from the Far Realms (not being platonic and all)

d12 forever!

broghammerj

Explorer
Asmor said:
Get rid of the d10, not the d12. That stupid "die" isn't even a platonic solid, for crying out loud!

I couldn't figure out what a platonic solid was so I googled it. :confused: Ah Ha! A reference to Plato...convex ployhedra....math....fuzzy math!

bgaesop

First Post
Imp said:
Yeah that would be my beef. :) That and they don't roll.

They don't roll, but they do bounce quite well! I've never had problems with getting them to be randomized. And how else are you going to punish the guy who gets up way too often if not by putting all his d4s on his seat?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads