• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 Apocalypse poll

Arachnar

First Post
I thought maybe, this site could use an interesting poll.

What is the best way of the Apocalypse???.

1. Nuclear War.

2. Astroid Impact (My favorite.)

3. Rogue Planet.

4. Aliens.

5. Supernaturel Invasion. (Now, that could be interesting.)

6. Rogue Planet.

7. Other.

Aus_Snow

First Post
I'll add some; hope you don't mind. :)

• Chemical and/or biological warfare, resulting in (possibly. . .) unforeseen consequences
  • Toxins and/or virii escaped/unleashed from laboratories (see above)
  • Massive environmental destruction, past the point at which it can still be controlled or mitigated

DMH

First Post
Apathy in a majority of the population is fun to play with (and not totally unrealistic), but my favorites are disease and alien invasions ala The Screwfly Solution (ie there isn't a lot of gaping holes in the ground).

jezter6

Explorer
dude, you're really into the whole 'rogue planet' thing.

I'll add Zombies and
Revelations (IE: Hell on earth - angels and demons etc)

Ymdar

Explorer
The rise of magic and mystic beings! Almost like Shadowrun but with much more chaos and explosions and less eventual civilisation.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
:eek: I thought there was supposed to be a poll? :confused:

I like the Asteroid concept myself. Other than that biblical apocalyse (Rapture) is my second fave.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Aliens/nuclear war. That's what I did in my D20 future game. Aliens attack, humans fight back with nukes, aliens counter with bigger nukes...

Arachnar

First Post
This would be mine apocalypse

In the year 2010 the Earth met her deadliest nemesis, an unexpected invasion of the Supernatural. Unprepared, the armies of the world couldn’t stand against foes immune to human made weapons. Not able to bring this evil on its knees, they even used nuclear weapons, but it only brought disaster on their self. Now with their modern technology and weapons destroyed, the people on Earth were thrown back to the Dark Ages, with demon Lords who demanded tributes, and hordes of undead walking the face of the Earth. Even in the darkest hours, heroes emerged and battles are won against the evil that has invaded the Earth.

richtrickey

First Post
Arachnar said:
I thought maybe, this site could use an interesting poll.

What is the best way of the Apocalypse???.

7. Other.

I've used a scenario involving terror attacks that result in a economic and social collapse and a full "grid down" technological failure. The result is pretty low on the mutants and radiation zones, etc, but has a general Mad Max meets The Postman feel.

Remove ads