• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 Character Writers Needed

I created and worked on the ill-fated D20 Filtered e-zine (see RPGNow.com or Silven Publishing for details), so I know what it takes to produce something. I am looking to produce a series of character books for d20 fantasy. What's special about the characters? I know but cannot say.

The Writers:

Writers should have some experience writing RPG materials (specifically d20) for either websites or print materials. Depending on the response, the material may be gathered on a submission basis, so the first acceptable submission for each slotted character would be taken. This will be to prevent a "flake out" factor. Writers should be experts with the D&D core rules, and creative enough to make compelling characters.

-----

Bradford Ferguson

Last edited:

haiiro

First Post
I sent you an email a moment ago, from haiiro(at)gmail(dot)com. Please let me know if for some reason you don't receive it, and I'll send it again. :)

I've also got one question: how are you handling contracts for this work? Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

I got your message and several other responses.

I'm not going to get too geeked out about contracts. Either it will be an e-mail contract or a basic written one. As far as payment, I'll need to figure out when/how often that happens as sales will roll in month after month.

For people that begin to participate, I will give them my personal info. I keep to my word and do my best to do what's right. Only time I haven't is when I took on too much product to review, but then I tried to remedy it.

For the writers, I will give them one character to do at a time. They will have latitude to be creative. If they get the character back to me, and it's good, then I will give them another to do.

My main focus is to put together something that is both useful and enjoyable for readers.

-----

Bradford Ferguson

Thanks King of Chaos.

To keep people updated: I received strong response yesterday and if people are still interested they should e-mail me before the 5th of July as the project will get kicked off after the long weekend. Since there are several books/collections in the works, more writers would be helpful.

Layout: I have someone tentatively for layout, but if you want to put your hat into the ring, send me a sample to the e-mail address above (try to fit it to 2 meg or less!).

Publisher: I will either self-publish it on RPGNow, or publish it under an existing publisher's banner. For the existing publisher, this would obviously boost sales to back product in your RPGNow catalog. In turn, the product line (the project) would benefit from the catalog.

Last edited:

Uncle Bulger

First Post
Hi Bradford.

Hi Bradford.

My name is Ken Melvoin-Berg and I am a writer and game designer. I would like to send you an example of my work for d20 Modern. If you are interested you can contact me at shoggothlover@aol.com. You can call me too as I am also in Chicago.

Ken Melvoin-Berg
773-885-1368

Remove ads