[D20 CoC] Beyond the Mountains of Madness Campaign - Recruiting Alternate Players

taitzu52

First Post
Are you still looking for 2 more players? I'd be downer than down. I've been treatening to play Wilfred Brimley in every Antarctic game that's come along and have YET to..... ok really, I'd still like to play! :)

TZ

Gomez

First Post
jdeleski said:
*laughs* Gomez, you are welcome to play Starkweather or Moore! Or even Charlene Whitson, if you want a different type of challenge... I'll even send you your cue calls! ;)

Humm me play Starkweather. Well that would be a full time job! :p I will let you have the fun of bringing him to life! I will just sit back and watch the fun! ;)

taitzu52

First Post
This all being said, I have NOT read the adventure nor the source material of MoM.

I am playing a physician in another horror game, and would rather avoid it for the sake of redundancy, but will accept the mantle for....well....I was last in line (ye olde Cleric syndrome).

I was leaning more towards a dog handler, or one of the mining/engineer/science types. Just give me the go ahead and I'll drop my calling card at the stately manor.

Gomez-All you have to be is rich, baby! That's not work.

jdeleski

First Post
TZ,

You would complete our roster! Put together a character concept in your mind, submit a letter of application to James Starkweather, and you'll be all set.

Hmm. Didn't Wilfred Brimley attempt to kill off Kurt Russell and crew in John Carpenter's "The Thing" (one of my favorite movies)?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eabhu, I'll help you through the character sheet creation until your D20 manual arrives. Tonight, I'll edit the sample character sheet to include a more detailed instructions.

--------------------------------------------------

Oh, and I ask that each of you please send me your email address, IM addresses, and home address (if you're OK to do so) via email using the EnWorld personal messaging functions; simply click on my name and select the appropriate menu item. We will need these alternate methods of communicating during the game (see my earlier post RE: communications).

Thanks!
Job (the tortured one).

jdeleski

First Post
TZ said:
I was leaning more towards a dog handler, or one of the mining/engineer/science types. Just give me the go ahead and I'll drop my calling card at the stately manor.

Either of those concepts would work just fine! If neither you nor Eabhu decides to play a physician, I will add one as an NPC.

------------------------------------------------
Job (the tortured one).

taitzu52

First Post
jdeleski said:
Hmm. Didn't Wilfred Brimley attempt to kill off Kurt Russell and crew in John Carpenter's "The Thing" (one of my favorite movies)?
Why no!! I was thinking more of....oatmeal. Yeah, oatmeal! ("Guys? It's cold and I'd like to come in now. I'm feeling a lot better.")

OK, I'll get cracking on that letter. I'm going with an overeducated but tough Coloradan. The possibilities are endless.

Edit: I think I'm going to go Cartogtapher/Geologist. This should also give me some small radio skills due to the equipment, and give me an excuse to be a good climber.

Last edited:

jdeleski

First Post
OK, we are now far enough along in the character creation process that I'm going to write and post the prologue starting text (i.e. the bat signal) by no later than tomorrow sometime.

We now have 2 character sheets completed, 1 near complete, 2 more characters coming soon, and 1 additional slot that might be filled within the next week or two by an RL buddy of mine. We don't need all character sheets completed and approved to begin the campaign since much of the prologue will only involve initial inquiries and investigations. Those of you who won't yet have an approved character sheet should wait until it's approved before starting your investigations within the IC thread, but that should only take a couple of days and it doesn't stop you from using this OOC thread to pass along some ideas to the other players.

I think that we're OK in starting the campaign without everyone settled because the prologue does not involve any encounters, nor does it involve any travel (unless your character takes it upon himself to independently do so). This also gets us moving through the initial phase which can sometimes start off slowly.

So, wait for the bat-signal, and let's see how much dust we can kick up!

-------------------------------------------
Job (the tortured one).

Bobitron

Explorer
Seriously, I left home and was in my car, and thought to myself, 'Well, if I get to work and another player hasn't posted, I'll PM taitzu and see if he's up for another CoC game.'

I'm so glad to see you noticed the thread, TZ. Welcome. :D

T-dot is slang for Toronto. Are you sure you are from there, eabha? ;)

Remove ads