• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 CoC] Beyond the Mountains of Madness Campaign - Recruiting Alternate Players

Dallas4lr

First Post
Greetings (Sorry Jdeleski, I just wanted to do this now - there will be no further post till my character is complete)

I do believe some apologies are in order, on my part - So I would like to apologize to all the members of this game and anyone reading these post!!!!!!!

Shaman

Thanks, I truly did not understand what metagaming was and my ignorant infringement on gameplay - your last post helps me to understand the position of some of the participating players.

It appears as though my first presentation of this character would certainly infringe on the second aspect of metagaming - and I did this unkowingly. So I am very sorry!!!!!

If I have offended anyone in my attempts to protect my character and my reasoning for creating him in the manner I did; PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!! My purpose was not to belittle nor denegrate anyones elses gameplay or perspective of COC, or destroy your gaming experience.

THank You Very Much
There are no hard feelings on my end
And I now have a better understanding at this point of were everyone was coming from.

Respectfully
Dallas

Last edited:

jdeleski

First Post
Frank Pabodie's Image

In preparing my response today for Frank Pabodie to talk with Vittorio Liuzzi, I discovered that I made a mistake in my original post by attaching an old picture of Frank, one from approximately 1929, 4 years prior to our fundraising event. I am updating Frank's picture in my new response, but will leave the old picture in place (with a minor comment that describes it's inaccuracy).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

jdeleski

First Post
Fundraiser Schedule

To move our story forward, I will be making 3 key posts over the next few days, one for each of the speakers at the fundraising event. I will then allow a few days for partygoers to tie up any loose ends before officially closing the fundraiser.

Because I'm going to force the action a bit, I will allow posts during this period to be out of sequence in terms of time. For example, if a player wanted to finish up a conversation with an NPC but I interrupted by starting a speech or having the main NPC's say their goodbyes at the end, you can simply add a post that describes how you asked your questions before the speech started or before the fundraiser ended. If this occurs, we'll just need to add an explanatory sentence here or there to ensure continuity and avoid confusion for a reader.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

taitzu52

First Post
Any of you history buffs know what the current status was concerning radioactivity and physical health? I.e. were scientists at the time of this game, still playing around with uranium unshielded, wondering why they were dropping dead at 50?

jdeleski

First Post
Character Language Corrections

Gomez said:
I was looking over your fine guide on character building in the Rogue's Gallery thread. It mentions that everyone starts with a number of languages equal to your Int bonus. Is this a house rule? Because normally the only way to get additional languages is to have ranks in the Speak Other Language skill. I know it does say that in the first part of the CoC d20 book under Intelligence but that was a typo and has been changed in the offical errata.
As pointed out by Gomez, and as listed on Monte Cook's website here, I went back and examined all of your character language sets to see if any changes were required. If I read the errata correctly, each character will need a separate Speak Other Languages skill entry for every language that they would like to speak. For example, if Martin would like to speak French, Spanish, and German, he will need 3 separate Speak Other Language skills.

Here are my findings.

Martin LeBlanc - Must delete French and Spanish from your "Languages" category or shift skill points to add the appropriate Speak Other Languages skill(s). Also, you have a Speak Other Languages skill in German, but it's not mentioned in your "Languages" category.
Fráncisco “Paco” Andreás Guerini - OK as is.
Vittorio Liuzzi - Must delete English, Spanish, French and Latin from your "Languages" category or shift skill points to add the appropriate Speak Other Languages skill(s).
James Poole - Must delete Spanish, French and German from your "Languages" category or shift skill points to add the appropriate Speak Other Languages skill(s).
Annie Mahoney - Must delete Latin, Greek, and French from your "Languages" category or shift skill points to add the appropriate Speak Other Languages skill(s).
Camille Bardier - Must delete English and Russian from your "Languages" category or shift skill points to add the appropriate Speak Other Languages skill(s).
Father Rucker - OK as is.

I apologize for this oversight, and especially if I've now made you change your language skills twice :eek: , but I was unaware of the errata. Please make the appropriate changes as mentioned and leave me an OOC post in this thread when you're done (to ease my GM burden, it would be very nice if you'd also let me know which skills you shifted points from :) ).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you,
Job (the tortured one).

Last edited:

Gomez

First Post
jdeleski,

Sorry but I am going to have to bow out of this game. Luckly I don't have a character that you have to explain away. ;) I just don't have the time at the moment to do your game justice.

Good luck and have a great game.

jdeleski

First Post
No problem, Gomez! Thanks for your interest and I trust that you'll poke your head in occasionally to add to the insanity. :cool:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
jdeleski said:
...if Martin would like to speak French, Spanish, and German, he will need 3 separate Speak Other Language skills.

Here are my findings.

Martin LeBlanc - Must delete French and Spanish from your "Languages" category or shift skill points to add the appropriate Speak Other Languages skill(s). Also, you have a Speak Other Languages skill in German, but it's not mentioned in your "Languages" category.

No problem. I have 4 ranks in Speak Other Language...2 ranks for English, 1 rank for Spanish and 1 rank for German. French is my native language.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads