• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 CoC] Beyond the Mountains of Madness Campaign - Recruiting Alternate Players

jdeleski

First Post
The Shaman said:
Correct.That would be bad. Very very bad.
Ah, I see that I was mistaken, yes.

But have no fear, the expedition will have an NPC doctor in any case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

jdeleski

First Post
Back from Too Much Work!

After days of intense RL work renovating my kitchen, and days of demanding work and travel for my job, I actually think that I'll have a bit of time tonight to continue our fundraiser.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

The Shaman

First Post
jdeleski said:
After days of intense RL work renovating my kitchen, and days of demanding work and travel for my job, I actually think that I'll have a bit of time tonight to continue our fundraiser.
No worries - always worth the wait! :)

Dallas4lr

First Post
Greetings,

I'm still here, I'm just kind of waiting until the Jman has time to finish up my character before I make any further post.

Dallas

jdeleski

First Post
Sorry Dallas, I lost track. I'll review your character sheet tonight; I didn't see any problems with it after your last edits, but I'll take one more look.

You and I were about 80% done agreeing on your main character points, and that's probably good enough for you to keep Father Rucker moving within the storyline (i.e. you're approved to write posts within the framework that we've agreed, simply avoid touching on areas of your background that you think we need to confirm). If I see anything in a post of yours that seems a little out of whack, I'll simply ask for a minor change, or ask a question of you, and it can be easily edited.

I should be available this Friday night or Saturday night to spend some time on the phone to finish up those last few bits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

jdeleski

First Post
I was stunned by Gomez's closing of his games. I loved reading them and enjoyed seeing what some of you, those of you who were characters in his games, were doing in them. I truly hope that he comes back soon since he was a great booster for CoC on this website, and a wonderful PbP Keeper to read.

For those of you who play in my BtMoM game, I'd like to reassure you that have taken steps to avoid burnout. you may have already noticed by clicking on my "My PbP Games" signature that this is the one game that I run. I purposefully decided to run only one game so that I can focus on it and devote my energies to it whenever I find time. I also DM a face-to-face D&D game in my neighborhood for a bunch of friends, but that actually takes less time to run than this one (mainly because I spend a lot of time researching, and developing and editing my writings, for BtMoM so that I do it proper justice). I do have a busy RL life with 4 kids, and kitchen renovations underway, and a demanding job with occasional travels, but running BMoM is a nice diversion when I find quiet time.

I may eventually play a character in a PbP game (which would take significantly less time than GM'ing it), but my main love is classic CoC and I haven't seen any that have tugged at my motivations.

Eventually, I also plan to start a "Horror on the Orient Express" campaign, but not until BMoM is well into its storyline, probably a year RL from now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

The Shaman

First Post
Paco is going to back whatever play Martin makes, so I'll hold off posting until that unfolds.

Also wanted to say that I'm enjoying this very much!

jdeleski

First Post
The events at the fundraiser have raised a question in my mind. Would you, as players, prefer that I keep the game-related information hidden, not even described in a spoiler block? In this case, I would judge the events behind the scenes and it would allow all of you to focus on the story, events, and investigations unhindered by our ruleset.

Or would you rather that I continue to post the rules information in a spoiler block so that you are able to understand how the actions relate to the mechanics, and perhaps to occasionally specify your actions based on our ruleset?

I suppose that I could review a few other PbP games to decide which method works best. Can anyone suggest a PbP game where this has been done particularly well?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

Remove ads