• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 CoC] Beyond the Mountains of Madness Campaign - Recruiting Alternate Players

Job

First Post
New Account for Jdeleski

I've created a new account to use the name "Job". It's the name that I preferred, but EnWorld wouldn't let me edit my old account, so I had to create a new one.

While I was at it, I cleaned up my avatar just a bit too. :cool:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

Last edited:

Job

First Post
Sanity? What Sanity?

*laughs*

I was waiting to see if anyone would notice that this might be a hit to their sanity...

Since all of your characters are seasoned travelers to far-away places, and have certainly come upon a few horrible accidents, here's the tally:

Paco = minus 1 Sanity due to a memorable, close-up image and haunted by failure to prevent;
Martin = minus 1 Sanity due to a memorable, close-up image and haunted by failure to prevent;
Camille = minus 1 Sanity and loss of that dinner that she cared so much about :p for observing from the front row;
Vittorio = no loss
Jim Poole = no loss

Not so bad. You'll need your sanity, for Lawrence's sake.

Please edit your character sheets, including a little sidenote as to the event that lost you sanity. You'll get it back when you level up. :uhoh:

Last edited:

Job

First Post
I thought that you might like to see this. My presentation at the Proj Mgmt Leadership Conference has been accepted.

"It's our pleasure to invite you to lead a Poster Program Session at the 2005 Project Management Leadership Exchange (PMLE) Conference on the following topic: Project Management Challenges for Admiral Byrd's 1929 Antarctic Expedition.

The Poster Program will take place on Sunday, October 23 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm in the . Please plan on reporting to the Poster Program desk at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Room: Coronado D between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm on Sunday to build your poster.

Your topic provoked a great deal of interest from the people who reviewed the poster proposals, and we know it will delight the attendees at the PMLE. Furthermore, your participation underscores the philosophy of this important event, "that you should be able to contribute as much as you take away" from the exchange."

*laughs* What a crazy world! And what better way to have fun at work! :cool:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

Job

First Post
In drafting my next couple of posts, I realized that I needed to do a bit of research. For example, a few of my questions are as follows:

- 1930's NYC Police force composition?
- Distance of police station/headquarters to the Amherst?
- 1930's NYC police emergency response methods?
- 1930's NYC police transportation?
- 1930's Medical emergency response methods?
- 1930's Medical transportation?
- 1930's What sort of stretchers did the medical people use?
- 1930's did they use body bags?

I've made a few things up, but you know me. I just couldn't post them without making sure that they're somewhat accurate. And of course, I then need to give the writing a "Cthulhu edge". :cool:

You should see the story move forward either tomorrow, after I arrive home from a week of travels, or Saturday sometime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

Job

First Post
Dallas4lr said:
Greetings,

I will be submitting my next post either tonight or Sunday at the latest.

Dallas
That's great news, Dallas! It'll be good to have Father Rucker arrive in NYC.

Shaman and Dallas, if you would each do me a favor, please send each other a few PM's to discuss how each of your characters might react to each other. Since both Paco and Father Rucker are deeply faithful, I'd like the two of you to make sure that you each know what to expect.

You don't need to know the intimate details of each other's background, but if you discuss how your characters would interact when first meeting, and maybe also how they'd react when under stress from a sanity-blasting event, it might help to make sure that we don't stumble in our storytelling.

Thanks!
Job.

Job

First Post
Lighting Effects?

*laughs* Tonight when I posted the arrival of the police car at the Amherst, the photo of the car during the daytime seemed a bit jarring to me (since it was supposed to be nighttime in NYC). So I darkened the picture and added some cheesy lights. :confused:

I hope that you'll forgive me for such terrible special effects. :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Job (the tortured one).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads