• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D20 Fight Club 5e [iOS]

Rune

Once A Fool
I haven't really played around with it for a while (except to figure out the answer to your question). It used to have a bug where selecting the stout halfling subraces would give the lightfoot features (or vise versa, I forget). Did that ever change?

Anyway, my biggest problem with the app is that I can't port over characters from it into the DM app. And inputting the characters in that app is a LOT more time consuming.

theRogueRooster

First Post
I'm using it on an iPad 2 and loving it. I have the DM app as well but don't love it quite as much.

For those with an iPhone, how well does it work? Is your character's info easily accessible on the tiny screen? For the iPad it's perfect, but I don't know if I should recommend this to friends with phones.

-tRR

Gecko85

Explorer
For those with an iPhone, how well does it work? Is your character's info easily accessible on the tiny screen? For the iPad it's perfect, but I don't know if I should recommend this to friends with phones.
Works great on iPhone. If you have both iPad and iPhone, be sure to stay in sync, which is manual. If you make any updates/changes on whatever device you're on, make sure to save it to iCloud. Then, next time you open the other device, be sure to load from iCloud.

Now, back to iPhone: each section is it's own screen, which works just fine. It's actually very clean and easy to read. You can swipe through the screens, or use the icons at the bottom of the screen to jump to whichever screen you want.

First screen is your character photo, hit points, hit dice, and Conditions.
Second screen is Ability Scores and Skills.
Third screen is Combat, Trackers, and Attacks.
Fourth screen is Equipment.
Fifth screen is Spells.
Sixth screen is Notes, Traits, Features, and Background.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
I use both the iphone and ipad, both work great. I even got the DM version, which has a nifty DM virtual screen and bit like a more mobile version of Obsidian Portal. Nice colors, layout, ease of use. I highly recommend it if you are on an iOS device.

ehenning

Explorer
The developer received a cease and desist notice from the WotC a while ago. Because of this, he had to remove all the 5e content from the app. However, he added an import function, which means if you have a list of equipment, beasts, spells, etc., you can add them to the app on your own. He has provided the format for them as well.

I am working on adding spells. I have an FileMaker DB with my spell lists included. I hope others will come up with ways to create importable lists. Could make this app a great tool for everyone!

Gecko85

Explorer
It's back. Not sure if it's made it back through the approval process yet, but the app has updated itself on my iPad, and the release notes say WotC is now ok with it.

The bad:
* All spells, classes, weapons, and other gear have been removed. Basically a blank slate.
* Not sure if this is just me or not, but my existing character is jacked up so I may have to start over.

The good:
* You can import an XML file from dropbox. They provide tutorials for generating the files in-app. So, you can build all your spells and equipment lists on your computer, then import them. This is huge!

The best:
You can now share characters with their DM app!

ehenning

Explorer
spells, equipment and companions are already up in downloads as an XML file download. Next, we need to be able to get classes, races and feats added as XML importable.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads