• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Future] 22nd Century: Solar Odyssey to Hell. [FULL]

Conrad Hart

First Post
tm_supreme checking in. I should have my character posted on the character thread by tomorrow. I am looking at having him be a Smart 3/Dedicated 1/Field Scientist 4 with a focus on knowledge skills and a little bit of investigation. How does this look like it will fit within the party so far?

Also, would it make sense for my character to come from the US colonies on Mars? If so how would this play in? I can see him harboring a major distrust for any Chinese, but is there anything else you can tell me?

Last edited:

Turanil

First Post
I am looking at having him be a Smart 3/Dedicated 1/Field Scientist 4 with a focus on knowledge skills and a little bit of investigation. How does this look like it will fit within the party so far?
No problem, I think your character could be useful as a scientist who also has investigation abilities (a kind of scientific detective?). I just suggest you get a look at HAR-Vee to not being redundant. The same concerning Caine Freerover (where is his stat-block?) who is a medic and a cybernetician (creates and adds cybernetics to human body).

Also, would it make sense for my character to come from the US colonies on Mars? If so how would this play in? I can see him harboring a major distrust for any Chinese, but is there anything else you can tell me?
Your character may come from the Mars colony, no problem. I don't think it will have a major impact on the adventure. Humans from Mars are often "parahumans", that is: humans that has been altered genetically to breath the Martian atmosphere which is still thinner than earth's and still contains CO2 (despite heavy terraforming). I must admit I have yet to think how they would be different from normal humans in terms of d20 game mechanics (maybe replace one bonus feat with a feat about breathing Mars atmosphere?). Anyway, another PC: Caine Freerover (have yet to see him on the boards!) is also from Mars colonies.

Otherwise: right now I am preparing the beginning of the game. It will include the "rules" of the PBP, plus a short description of the Earth and Solar System in the 22nd century (as from Transhuman Space); then the introduction of the adventure. I would like to have all PCs posted by monday, please. I will also get a look at the stat-block (HAR-Vee, where does come from Craft-cybernetics? From Blood and Circuits? What's different here from Craft-mechanics and Craft-electronics?)

Last edited:

Brendan Radley

First Post
Posted stat block to the gallery, but I'm putting off buying equipment till I know what equipment exactly has to come out of Brendan's budget.

[ooc: For wealth I used the table on pg 204 (+9 for 8th lvl) then added my ranks in profession and occupation bonus. Is that the method you meant to use?]

Caine Freerover

First Post
I created my new profile this weekend, and should have the stat block up
on Monday. I haven't posted it because I'm still tweaking the details and trying to figure out if I can afford all my equipment.

Caine is Smart 3, Technosavant 5. He has very high ranks in Life Sciences,
Technology, Physical Sciences, and Treat Injury; he is a surgeon, and he
is also a skilled linguist and researcher. He has some ranks in investigate,
since he's done some forensic medicine, but someone with high Search and
Investigate skills might still come in handy.

I'm getting the feeling that the team is really lacking someone sneaky and
crafty, though. Is there anyone like that?

Ben

Turanil

First Post
Psi/SeveredHead: I can allow you only because you repeatedly said being interested weeks ago. However, I cannot allow that pic which is already given to another player (see just above!). I suggest to accept pic #10 please (for me it would be useful, because I use photos from movies to illustrate action, and a couple of them have the #10 guy featured).

Wealth: normally p.13: 2d4 + occupation. Well, before going any further, I want to know how everybody else did for their wealth bonus. In any case, don't forget that the SIA provide heavy equipment and firearms.

Someone sneaky and crafty: normally the SIA agent PC should be like that (forgot player's name).

Last edited:

Kecia Tavernier

First Post
Wealth: normally p.13: 2d4 + occupation. Well, before going any further, I want to know how everybody else did for their wealth bonus.

The standard method for high level characters. Wealth bonus for high level characters on page 204, plus two, plus occupation bonus, plus skill ranks in profession.

HAR-Vee

First Post
I just guessed very low and assumed I'd find stuff. In my experience most 8th level characters have one or two "nice" items and no problems acquiring most normal gear. In modern terms, they have a house and one or more vehicles. However, I'd be happy to go back and plot Wealth to the point. I'm sure I'd end up with more--I was just keeping it simple.

Turanil

First Post
Kecia Tavernier said:
The standard method for high level characters. Wealth bonus for high level characters on page 204, plus two, plus occupation bonus, plus skill ranks in profession.

So okay, this is the method for determining your wealth. Now, for the sake of realism, your character (as mentioned HAR-Vee) probably has a home and a vehicle, that should be purchased with that wealth. I don't think a contemporary CIA agent is going to sell everything he owns to buy the latest of equipment for a 6 months mission... (but well, do as you want)

So, regarding the SIA agent... are psionics/the wild talent feat a viable option for the character? I was thinking in terms of being genetically altered/enhanced or something along those lines...

Remove ads