• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Future] 22nd Century: Solar Odyssey to Hell. [The game]

Turanil

First Post
Jay Purr said:
OOC: Turanil, what can we expect in terms of equipment that we will be permitted to carry openly on Ashira_29? I am going to assume that personal weapons and armor are forbidden unless you indicate otherwise. However, I will also assume we can carry anything we want on our own shuttle unless you indicate otherwise.

Ashira_29: With the welcome of the infomorph you also get a set of regulation laws on Ashira_29. Among other things it stipulates not bringing or manufacturing explosives and weapons on the station. As such, the only weapons you may try to bring are the laser pistols: their "compact" and "sensor baffling" enhancements, should help you conceal them on your body so no detector notices.

Telarion and it's shuttle: It's private so you do as you want. The shuttle is not equipped with weapons, so won't appear menacing anyway. Telarion has weapons, but they are hidden, so the spaceship won't appear menacing either.

In any case, remember that Earth of the 22nd century is not a come back to the old west, where everyone could carry a gun by his side (if what we see in movies is historically accurate anyway). It's more like our present days US or Europe, where only the police and other few licensed persons have the right to carry weapons. And then, there is in addition all manners of detectors and else to see that it is indeed the case.

Last edited:

Caine Freerover

First Post
I see no need to carry guns at this stage. If we arouse suspicion we're more likely
to attract a violent response outside the station than inside.

Kecia Tavernier

First Post
"Bet your life on it? If things turn ugly, we could very well find ourselves in need of heavy firepower." stated Kecia, and then she turned to face HAR-Vee. "Do you think you could rig up a carrying case that could fool weapons sensors and allow me to bring aboard my plasma rifle?"

Kecia Tavernier said:
"Bet your life on it? If things turn ugly, we could very well find ourselves in need of heavy firepower." stated Kecia, and then she turned to face HAR-Vee. "Do you think you could rig up a carrying case that could fool weapons sensors and allow me to bring aboard my plasma rifle?"

I don't know if bringing such heavy weaponry onboard a space station is a good idea... anyway, I'll leave my air rifle behind and just take onboard a few hypodermic needles. It's legitimate scientific equipment too.

HAR-Vee

First Post
To Kecia: Observation: A gun shaped case that could not be scanned would probably arouse supicion.

Suggestion: The best I could hope to do is create a Plasma Rifle out of un-threatening components that could be assembled in to a functional weapon.

Vincent Collins

First Post
"I believe bringing a small amount of firepower along is not only wise, but is essential should we run into any unexpected trouble. Our military team, notably Corporal Tavernier and Corporal Radley, should at least carry some form or armament; anything that can avoid weapons sensors and is easily concealable. I will certainly be armed."

"I suggest that the Major take the military team, including Mr. Forbes and Lt. Purr to do some reconnaissance work if the opportunity presents itself while we are inside the station. We could even try to conceal one or more of the team's presence and have them slip out into the station while we occuppy the station's infomorph and residents..."

Brendan Radley

First Post
"I'm alright with that, but I will feel somewhat naked with only a sidearm," he says with a lop-sided smile, "Reconaissance should be no problem."

Jay Purr

First Post
Jay Purr will carry all of his gear with him on the shuttle, but disembark onto Ashira_29 with only the small laser pistol (i.e.,same as "non-combat mode" stats on the character sheet, less the knife).

Turanil

First Post
ashira1.jpg

The shuttle arrives in view of Ashira_29...

So, you embark on the shuttle, and a couple of hours later board on Ashira_29. You first fly in zero-gravity through the shaft, then enter the wheel, which provides spin gravity.

You are greeted by a cybershell (droid), who proceeds to guides you through the wheel for a short visit. The wheel appears to consist in a long corridor (all the wheel long), with sixteen doors evenly spaced. Most of these doors bear the name of various companies, and you recognize the four suspicious ones among then.

Eventually, you visit the (empty) segment you are supposed to rent. Lastly, you learn that there is a "restaurant" onboard of Ashira_29, for all the people working there. It takes close to one hour for the droid to explain you anything you need to know about the segment you would rent. Then, the droid suggests you, to pay a visit to the restaurant, and meet some other residents of Ashira_29 if you want.

[OOC: Tell me:
1) What weaponry you bring along on yourself (not the one you leave on the shuttle), make a Hide check (everyone wielding a weapon) and I will make some detections roll. Don't forget the laser pistol adds +4 to a Hide check (for detection purposes).
2) What you ask and do during the visit, or if you don't do anything special until the restaurant (if you want to go there, that is). Whenever you want to do something related to a skill, roll a skill check (online dice roller) and give me the total result (here on the post)]

Last edited:

Jay Purr

First Post
Sorry, sent results of the roll to Turnail directly. Jay Purr got a modded 20 on the Hide check. Per Collins' direction, he accompanies Tobermory & Forbes and keeps his eyes peeled for the opportunity to do some independent exploration. In particular he takes note of power conduits or other external mechanisms or fixtures that might provide a clue as to the activities taking place inside the segments rented by our four target companies using Knowledge (physical science) and Knowledge (technology) as applicable. If needed, Bluff checks to make it look like he is instead simply seeking the rest room or some such innocuous location.

OOC: BTW, Turanil, feel free to roll for these checks as needed rather than wait for me to return results to you, if you prefer. I assume that Jay cannot take 10 or 20 due to the need to avoid arousing suspicion (i.e., there is a penalty for failure).

Last edited:

Remove ads