• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Future: Alexa's Avengers

Azaar

Explorer
Okay, I seem to have run into a brick wall... well, not really. Rather, it's more that I'm finding myself with more options than I imagined with the purchase of d20 Cyberscape yesterday.

Falkus: I wanna see how you want to rule on this, since it's looking like the direction I may go. The concept I have in mind is someone that's been cybernetically enhanced quite a bit. My original thought was to look at pursuing the Bionic Agent advanced class in d20 Cyberscape; however, it requires the Cybertaker feat. With all the available slots listed for each body part and the "piece of your soul" cybernetics rules you have, though, I'm honestly not seeing the use of losing a feat for something that only conflicts with the "piece of your soul" rules and doesn't really do anything to help matters any.

So... I'm really liking the Bionic Agent, but I'm stuck with taking a feat that's worthless under the rules you're using for cybernetics. Is there any way possible to drop the Cybertaker feat requirement? Whether switching it out for another feat (like Cyborg) or what-not, I don't mind -- in fact, switching it for Cyborg would be pretty nice, actually, but it's your call. I just hate to waste a feat on something that gives me no benefit other than to enter an advanced class, and conflicts with your chosen alternate cybernetics rules.

Paste Pot Pete

First Post
Here he is.

Background:

John’s father, served with distinction in the Anong-Lesheck conflict, leading the 2nd Fighter wing off the carrier Beatrix for five years. When the war ended though John’s father didn’t take well to civilian life. In two years he was a full-fledged drunk. One rainy night John’s father visited a brothel, nine months later John was born. Abandoned by his birth mother at five John quickly learned to fend for himself. At twelve John joined El Diablo, a street gang that dealt “Baby Powder” to the neighborhood. To John being the gang meant that he was King of the World, until he got busted at thirteen. Thankfully for John, he caught a break. His defense attorney was Z’actpol Ca’dol’sky an up-and-coming Xagon attorney; who would later become famous for successfully defending the “Benediction Killer.” A not guilty verdict from the jury saved John from two years in prison. After being acquitted John promised God that he would turn his life around, that pledge lasted all of one day. Before long John was back with El Diablo. At seventeen, John’s life took a drastic change, now leading the El Diablo’s John was in a brawl with a Weren who led a rival gang. Amazingly, after a thirty minute fight, John managed to knock out the Weren. Watching the fight was Drommin Hale, a Frall Lieutenant in Alexia’s Avengers. Shocked with his fighting skills the Frall recruited John for the infantry corps of the Avengers. At the battle of Zitheburn, John became a hero. When his squad was annihilated by an experimental tank, John made an impossible shot and, using an antique firearm he picked up as a decoration, hit a weak spot in the tank’s armor, causing an implosion. After the battle John was promoted to Sergeant and moved to the elite section of the Avengers. He looks forward to his first mission with them and hopes to distinguish himself again.

Azaar

Explorer
Falkus:

[sblock]I've been tweaking the concept, and starting to write up a background/personality. The concept is an Infiltrator turned Bionic Agent -- not just the sneaky type, but one intelligent and gutsy enough to study and impersonate people for his missions. For the infiltration portion, I was thinking of utilizing the Identity Mask nanoaugmenter colony, but utilize it in combination with an identity chip and a nanite translator. Since the nanite translator is PL 8, though, I need your permission to take it. If not, I can make do with just the Identity Mask nanoaugmenter colony, but the idea of having a Bionic Agent/Infiltrator really gels with me. Your call, of course.[/sblock]

If all goes well, I should have a background and personality written up and ready late tomorrow night (I'll try to keep from being distracted by Monday Night Football *grins*), or early Tuesday morning (EST).

Azaar

Explorer
Okay, honestly, swear to God, I'm nearing completion. Things have conspired to slow me down somewhat.

Falkus: the Tangler Gun (d20 Future, p. 68 (p. 67 for chart description)) shows as having 20 box in the magazine. Yet, there's no listing anywhere for the Tangler Gun's ammunition -- just the grenade version. Can you give me a purchase DC (modified or not, since it's PL 6) for a magazine, please? Also, grenades: in d20 Modern, the purchase DC is for a box of six grenades, but in d20 Future, there is no distinction. Would it be safe to assume, then, that the grenades described in d20 Future also come in boxs of six like in d20 Modern? Thanks.

Last edited:

Falkus

Explorer
For tangler ammo, let's assume a base purchase DC of 8, the same as a powerpack. And the answer is yes to your second question, greandes will come in packs of six.

Mithran

First Post
I'm interested in a heavy weapons character, possibly a mecha operator or possibly a regular trooper with bigger guns. If those are both bad for some reason I'd be willing to try my hand at team leader.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads