• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Future preview is up!

buzz

Adventurer
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
Sorry, but it's not meant to be. Dark*Matter is Modern (not future) and is approximated by the Shadow Chasers setting.
I thought it was approximated by the Dark*Matter setting in Poly. ;) Shadow Chasers is pseudo-Buffy.

Heck, D*M was technically a near-future setting for Alternity, no more advanced technologically than Genetech, really. WotC could safely redeem themselves by publishing it for d20F. :D

But, yeah, I know it's not gonna happen...

Originally posted by (Psi)SeveredHead
2) Powered armor is a minimum of 16 feet tall? I think I'll use the Star Wars rules for powered armor instead.

I don't think you'll have to worry as earlier in the article Powered Armor is mentioned in the description for Chapter 3: Equipment NOT Chapter 9: Mecha.

Dalamar

Adventurer
They have d10s for Hit Dice because Constructs always use d10s for Hit Dice, even if taking classes. So it isn't really an exception made for Biodroids, it's there to make sure that players remember it.

Sarigar

First Post
Star Frontiers revamped? Heck yeah! That game had more holes than swiss cheese, but, man, I loved it. Does anyone know if d20 Modern is required? If so they (WOTC) just sold two books (Modern and Future) and I won't complain one bit.

kinwolf

Explorer
I guess that since it it using Modern core rule that means there won't be a Vitality/Wound point kind of system. I would have loved such a system, in fact I think futurist settings require such system.

The rest seems top notch, it describes everything I wanted and a bit more!(Wasn't expecting a mech section)

myrdden

First Post
C. Baize said:
*Raises hand as one of those very nostalgic about it*

:) Me too.

[nostalgia]

ad-basic-thumb.jpg

[/nostalgia]

This is the first book from WotC that I have been looking forward to for some time now.

buzz said:
I'm glad that Genetech is being included, though if d20F is anything like d20M, the setting will probably only get a couple of pages. It just seems weird to me considering the full treatment of Genetech that Poly did a while back.
I thought the Genetech article in Poly was pretty much the campaign model cut from d20M, word for word. It didn't seem any longer or more complete than the models in the corebook.

KoOS

Knight Otu

First Post
Dalamar said:
They have d10s for Hit Dice because Constructs always use d10s for Hit Dice, even if taking classes. So it isn't really an exception made for Biodroids, it's there to make sure that players remember it.
I'm 99% sure that it is an exception, Dalamar. The Hit Die size of any type is normally only only for racial Hit Dice. The most common exception is undead templates, which change all Hit Dice to d12s.

(Of course, if I did miss a reference to that, please point me to it. There is no such reference in the obvious places, but given other unneeded rules changes to the d20 system...)

Pik_0fr

First Post
D20 Futur on MSRD

Do you think D20 futur was insert on a new version of MSRD or why not on a FSDR (Futur Source Reference Document) ?

Dalamar

Adventurer
Knight Otu said:
I'm 99% sure that it is an exception, Dalamar. The Hit Die size of any type is normally only only for racial Hit Dice. The most common exception is undead templates, which change all Hit Dice to d12s.
Hmm... Seems I can't find a rules reference anywhere. I just thought that all the undead got that as a compensation for losing their Con bonus to hit points (lousy compensation for a barbarian), and then thought it also applied to constructs (who also lack Con). Well, that's how it's played and will be played in my games :)

I guess we'll get the official answer, when it comes to undead, in Libris Mortis.

Last edited:

Remove ads