• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 Future Q&A With Rodney "Moridin" Thompson and JD Wiker!!

kinwolf

Explorer
rule question

Hi!

I've been reading through the spaceship module yesterday, great stuff! But there is one rule that isn't clear to me. Under Tactical Speed(page 114) it says that "A starship normally moves as a move action ,leaving an attack action, but it can use it's attack action as an extra move action, thus giving him 2."(not word for word, but clsoe enough.)

Now, in the same page, under Starship actions, it clearly states that a starship gets 2 move actions and 1 attack action and if the ship decide to not attack, it still only get 2 move actions.

Which rule is right? 1 move 1 attack that's interchangeable for an extra move, or 2 moves 1 attack not interchangeable?

Thanks and congrats on a great product(from what I read so far) I hope many detailed campaign settings are following :)

The_Universe

First Post
Back with more questions, this time a little more substantive.

On page 103 of the manuscript in the description for transport booths, there appears to be a discrepency (or rather a lack thereof) in the descriptions for Mass Transceivers (PL 7) and Drive Transceivers (PL 8). As far as I can tell, these two pieces of technology are identical. Both appear to be able to transport their contents up to 1000 AU instantaneously.

Am I missing something, or does transporter technology just not markedly improve between PL 7 and PL 8?

Thanks for answering our questions. If you want to direct some of the other designers this way, I'm sure we'd be happy to have them, as well. ;) (Don't worry, you'll still be our favorite!)

The_Universe said:
Back with more questions, this time a little more substantive.

On page 103 of the manuscript in the description for transport booths, there appears to be a discrepency (or rather a lack thereof) in the descriptions for Mass Transceivers (PL 7) and Drive Transceivers (PL 8). As far as I can tell, these two pieces of technology are identical. Both appear to be able to transport their contents up to 1000 AU instantaneously.

Am I missing something, or does transporter technology just not markedly improve between PL 7 and PL 8?

Thanks for answering our questions. If you want to direct some of the other designers this way, I'm sure we'd be happy to have them, as well. ;) (Don't worry, you'll still be our favorite!)

I can answer the last one, I think, being a StarDrive geek. The former can only send info within a star system, while the latter can send info between star systems. (It's sort of like a drivesat, but without the 11 hour delay.)

Maybe someone can answer this question for me: tell me a little about energy weapons. Are they better? Do they require special feats to use? Can you Burst Fire with a laser (that doesn't make sense)? And do they have a high or low ammo capacity?

(Man I'm pathetic. It's 1:23 AM in Toronto and I'm desperately looking for D20 Future info.)

Last edited:

trancejeremy

Adventurer
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
Maybe someone can answer this question for me: tell me a little about energy weapons. Are they better? Do they require special feats to use? Can you Burst Fire with a laser (that doesn't make sense)? And do they have a high or low ammo capacity?

(Man I'm pathetic. It's 1:23 AM in Toronto and I'm desperately looking for D20 Future info.)

No, they don't seem to need special feats. There is a feat for "Alien Weapon Proficiency", which lets you use alien weapons without a penalty. But for most, just the personal firearms feat.

Like Alternity (apparently), it uses "Progress Levels" to break up the weapons and gear.

For Progress Level 6, you get the Laser pistol and Laser rifle, which do 2d8 and 3d8 damage, and have 50 shots.

For PL7, there's the "Concussion Rifle", which does 2d10+knockdown, a Plasma Pistol that does 2d10, and a Plasma Rifle that does 3d10. Ooh, and a "Rail Gun" that does 3d12.

Generally speaking, the pistols are all "S", while the rifles are all "A". Except the OICW, which for some reason is just "S"

PL8 has a Cryonic Rifle, a Distingrator, a Lightning Gun, a Pulse Rifle (basically a laser rifle), and Sonic Beam.

Actually, the list is mostly energy weapons. No needlers and no gyrojets

d4

First Post
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
I can answer the last one, I think, being a StarDrive geek. The former can only send info within a star system, while the latter can send info between star systems.
that doesn't seem to be the case, since they both have identical ranges (1000 AU -- which is nowhere near far enough for interstellar distances).

kinwolf

Explorer
I was also wondering if there would be any web enhancement giving us a system to build new ships from scratch and also easy rules to create planets ad clusters.

Thanks,
Kinwolf

RodneyThompson

First Post
d4 said:
what if i don't want it to be balanced? how many Mutation Points would you estimate would be equal to a +1 Level Adjustment? 5? 10?

Hm, that's hard to say. Let me think this one over a bit and get back to you (need to refresh my memory on the level adjustments in D&D first). It shouldn't be too hard to come up with a chart like that, though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads