• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 Future Q&A With Rodney "Moridin" Thompson and JD Wiker!!

ChrisWaller

First Post
I'm going to add my thanks as well. Its great to have this kind of support from the designers. You guy's are doing wonders for customer relations.
Okay, obligatory flattery aside, I've got another question...

The vehicles section gives a size code instead of a weight limit for the cargo capacity of each vehicle. Have I missed something? Is this explained elsewhere?

Buddha the DM

Explorer
If a character somehow manages to get the Data Archive cybernetic implant at first level would that mean that an occupation would grant a +1 to whatever the player choose as their occupation skills?

Olive

Explorer
Olive said:
Ok. So what about components like the covert cargo space on your Dagger-class template from Dungeon?

While you're looking at ones you missed, it would eb great if you could answer my questions about plus feats and advanced class BaBs as well. Thanks, I really appreciate all of the work you guys are doing in the thread... :)

Hey Rodney!

Now you're back, any chanc of a response to these three questions?

Thanks! And add me to the list of people who want to know what happened to that story hour?

JDWiker

First Post
Ki Ryn said:
Actually, this was only one of several sidebars (cloning being another that comes to mind) where I got the sense of the author being preachy and judgemental. It struck me as rather out-of-place and unproffessional in an otherwise excellent (if short) book. :\

The point of that sidebar was to make clear that Asimov's laws of robotics are simplified expressions of complex programming, not actual coding. No such code exists in any technology we currently have that approaches artificial intelligence, nor is it likely to. If you do a Google search for Asimov's laws of robotics, you'll find plenty of essays deconstructing the three laws and pointing out why they couldn't really work.

JD

JDWiker

First Post
ChrisWaller said:
I'm going to add my thanks as well. Its great to have this kind of support from the designers. You guy's are doing wonders for customer relations.

Hey, you're welcome.

ChrisWaller said:
The vehicles section gives a size code instead of a weight limit for the cargo capacity of each vehicle. Have I missed something? Is this explained elsewhere?

Hm. Apparently that was another section that got cut from the final product.

Cargo is rated by size rather than weight because vehicles don't have a Strength rating (and therefore a carrying capacity), but it's sometimes important to know just how large an item (or items) will fit in a vehicle's cargo compartment.

JD

JDWiker

First Post
Buddha the DM said:
If a character somehow manages to get the Data Archive cybernetic implant at first level would that mean that an occupation would grant a +1 to whatever the player choose as their occupation skills?

Hm. Yes. If you get a cybernetic implant at 1st level, you'd get the +1 bonus to the occupation-based skill you chose.

JD

Dismas

First Post
One thing I am having trouble getting my head around is type Vs size.

I can have 16 Fast Freighter (Utltralight / Colossal) in the same space as 1 Bulk Frieghter (Mediumweight / Colossal) even though, stat wise, they are the same size (Colossal).

Olive

Explorer
Dismas said:
I can have 16 Fast Freighter (Utltralight / Colossal) in the same space as 1 Bulk Frieghter (Mediumweight / Colossal) even though, stat wise, they are the same size (Colossal).

While I think they should have either given new size scales, or just redone the size system for ships like in SW, I think the idea is that above a certain size it doesn't matter as it doesn't get any easier to hit.

If it fills your screen, it fills your screen, regardless whether it continues for another 100ft or 10,000 ft to either side.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads