• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 Future Q&A With Rodney "Moridin" Thompson and JD Wiker!!

Buddha the DM

Explorer
What would happen to a robot if you tried to transplant its brain before its body was destroyed? Would it still lose the point of Charisma?

Last edited:

JDWiker

First Post
Buddha the DM said:
What would happen to a robot if you tried to transplant its brain before its body was destroyed? Would it still lose the point of Charisma?

No. It's the destruction of the robot's body that causes the loss of Charisma, not the transplant procedure.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Hey guys. Sorry its taken so long to arrange but its finally here. The d20 future chat!
Rodney Thompson and Christopher Perkins on November 16th at 9:00pm EST in #d20-modern on chat.psionics.net

Wycen

Explorer
I'm curious if there is a suggestion on scale of weapons/damage from 1 category to another. I saw the stuff about grenade vs. nuke warhead, but I think that was more about the damage of a nuke, not starship weapons versus smaller scale vehicles.

I guess from reading the mecha section and comparing mech armor to vehicle armor that personal, vehicle, and mecha weapons and armor are all on the same scale.

But then you get to starships and I just can't believe a ship mounted laser will only do 6d8 to a hovertank or even worse unlucky groundpounder.

elforcelf

First Post
Do like Spelljammer did.Starship weapons do 10 times damage to the smaller scale stuff.And small scale stuff do one tenth as much damage to large scale stuff.elforcelf.

SeemosYantra

First Post
(I know this thread has been inactive for a long while, but I guess I can give it a try...).

First of all, I want to thank both Mr. Thompson and Mr. Wiker for the amazing work they did on the d20 Future book and all the other books where their hands have been. It is, truely, a great honor for me to be able to direct some words to the people that actually make the stuff that has become my life when everything else failed craptastically. So, for them, really and sincerely: thank you, you simply don't know how many minds you are allowing me to open.

Okay, with that out of my chest, my question is one that seems to be haunting some other fellows around and with which I stumbled yesterday out of mere curiosity while checking something completely unrelated, and here is the thing:

Where ARE the Psitech weapons, items, armors?

I mean, I have found the small list of Psitech Gadgets in d20 Future Tech, but I have never seen anywhere a list of Psitech items, weapons, armors or whatever like... anywhere. Someone mentioned that there is a gadget that replaces normal ammo with Power Points and thus turns the item in Psitech, but I didn't found such a gadget either. Other person said there are "basic" Psitech items in the core d20 Modern book, but I didn't found anything. Is this one of the stuff that didn't made it in the book? (Wouldn't surprize me after reading all what have been left out, which TRUELY surprized me).

Is, naturally, not a matter of life or death but... It really got me wondering. In advance, thanks for taking your time in reading this. I truely appreciate it.

Remove ads