• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Future Supplements?

baileyrecords

First Post
Ok, so Moridin said that his MEG d20 Future supplement is dead in the water (which sucks); does anyone know of any other intended supplements from WoTC or other publishers for d20 Future?

Prior to the thread on MEGs book - I didn't even know ANY Future supplements were in the works yet.

Thanks!

- Stratos

0-hr

Starship Cartographer
Well I'm doing a cyber-punkish adventure that will be released as a .pdf, but that's not reallywhat you mean is it ;) . I haven't heard of any big, hardcopy, supplements yet.

And while I'm here, is there any word on when the Open Gaming Content for d20 Future will be declared? Do we have to wait for an actual SRD update before we can start yoinking material? If so, it might be a while before my adventure hits the virtual shelves.

Dismas

First Post
Ki Ryn said:
Well I'm doing a cyber-punkish adventure that will be released as a .pdf, but that's not reallywhat you mean is it ;) . I haven't heard of any big, hardcopy, supplements yet.

And while I'm here, is there any word on when the Open Gaming Content for d20 Future will be declared? Do we have to wait for an actual SRD update before we can start yoinking material? If so, it might be a while before my adventure hits the virtual shelves.

According to Andy Smith (WoTC OGL guy) d20 Future should be hitting the SRD pretty much as soon as released, like d20 Moden.

mroberon1972

First Post
Dismas said:
According to Andy Smith (WoTC OGL guy) d20 Future should be hitting the SRD pretty much as soon as released, like d20 Moden.

Actually, on the WoTC boards, I thought he said within 2 weeks. And no promisies.

1st Official Announcement - Dawning*Star

This seems like the perfect time and place to announce Dawning*Star.

Dawning*Star is a brand new science-fiction campaign setting from Blue Devil Games.

Set in the distant M57 Galaxy, Dawning*Star answers the question: What if Lost In Space happened to an entire nation of people instead of just one annoying family? Massive transport ships, carrying thousands of Earthlings, are thrown violently and irrevocably off course from there intended destination. Lost in a far away galaxy, under the shadow of an alien threat, Earth is reborn.

Written by Joseph Martin and myself, it will likely be in the neighborhood of 160 pages. We are completing the creative, fluffy bits now with rough sketches of the mechanics we want to include once d20 Future hits the streets. We will then feverishly incorporate all of the game material. We anticipate releasing Dawning*Star in pdf format on RPGNow within 3-7 days after d20 Future hits the SRD, followed by a print release within two months thereafter. Dawning*Star will not only be the first, but also the best, science-fiction campaign setting to be powered by d20 Future.

Stay tuned for future previews.

Dawning*Star - The FUTURE of d20 is Now. (tm)

(Technically, the first announcement was slyly inserted into the recent psionic poison web enhancement found on my web page.)

rgard

Adventurer
baileyrecords said:
Ok, so Moridin said that his MEG d20 Future supplement is dead in the water (which sucks); does anyone know of any other intended supplements from WoTC or other publishers for d20 Future?

Prior to the thread on MEGs book - I didn't even know ANY Future supplements were in the works yet.

Thanks!

- Stratos

While waiting for the D20 Future supplements you could...

1. Check the Traveller D20 stuff. I'm confident it will work with D20 Future with a little tweaking.
2. Star Wars (WotC)
3. Dragonstar

There are others along with the new setting mentioned in this thread previously.

Thanks,
Rich

BryonD

Hero
Pramas said:
We had originally planned to make use of d20 Future in our Red Star Campaign Setting book. Once we saw the rules though, we realized that the material in Future wasn't necessary to properly adapt the comic so now it only requires d20 Modern. More info here:

http://www.greenronin.com/cgi-bin/product.cgi?prodid=1406

That makes sense. From what I have seen, D20 Future does not seem to be a new system as D20 Modern was. Rather it seems to simply be an "official" expansion of D20 Modern.

Pramas

Explorer
BryonD said:
That makes sense. From what I have seen, D20 Future does not seem to be a new system as D20 Modern was. Rather it seems to simply be an "official" expansion of D20 Modern.

Yes, exactly so. And a lot of the material, like cybernetics and spaceship combat, just wasn't needed for the Red Star.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads