• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Magazine Rack Review of Great Aspeigh

Terra_Ferax_Mark

First Post
A whole review of Great Aspeigh was made By John Grigsby, Staff Reviewer at d20 Magazine Rack http://www.d20zines.com/criticscorner/110602.shtml

Here are the highlights:

"The presentation is nicely done and well-organized..."
"West goes one step further and provides an exhaustive list of possibilities that the vendor may acquire beyond the normal items listed. This can lead to some very interesting role-playing or adventure ideas..."
"I can foresee a lot of fun with my characters when they come to visit this hamlet and try to divest themselves of some of their hard-won gold..."
"These maps are very detailed. They don’t merely show the roofs of the various buildings, but actually include floor plans for each and every building in the hamlet! And there is no loss of quality when using the zoom feature of the PDF reader, meaning that the usefulness of the maps is increased a hundredfold, even if you have no intent to use the remainder of the product..."
"The work is wholly original and the history of the hamlet proves that Mr. West is capable of some very imaginative thinking, so I award high points for Originality, but the supplement really won’t be of much use to players, so I gave only an average score in Playability. As for value for the dollar, if I haven’t made it abundantly clear by now, skip your morning cappuccino and devote that $3 to this instead. You won’t regret it! "

The Critic's Rating: (maximum 5 pts for each category)

Amount of Open Game Content: 1.25
d20 Compliance: 5.0
Originality: 5.0
Playability: 3.5
Value for the dollar: 5.0
Overall Rating: 3.95

Final Grade: A
http://www.d20zines.com/criticscorner/110602.shtml

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads