• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 mechanical question

Tranzquility

First Post
2 questions
if a pc dies and you bring him back and he loses a level how do you refigure his skill points hp and so forth because if you think about if they are at high levels it takes a while for them to level up so how do you keep track were your last few skill points went in to and what not

other question if some one recieves constitution dammage how do you refigure there hit points ???

Crothian

First Post
The characters should keep track of how many HP they gaiuned each level, where skill points went, etc just in case they do lose a level.

For the con, they lose hit pointes per HD. So if a you have 47 HP, 10 level, and your con goes down 4 points your HPs go down 20.

Tranzquility

First Post
2 questions
if a pc dies and you bring him back and he loses a level how do you refigure his skill points hp and so forth because if you think about if they are at high levels it takes a while for them to level up so how do you keep track were your last few skill points went in to and what not

other question if some one recieves constitution dammage how do you refigure there hit points ???

Khayman

First Post
Level Loss, the 3.5 Way

Quoth the DMG (p. 296):
If the exact ability score or skill ranks from a level now lost is unknown (or the player has forgotten), lose 1 point from the highest ability score or ranks from the highest-ranked skills.
Obviously, this can suck. The better records you keep, the more control you have over your traumatic fall.

I keep track of my PCs' hit points by level, so if I lose a HD then I know exactly how many HP to remove. Several members of my gaming group keep track of their HD/skill/etc advancement, level by level, with an Excel spreadsheet. I've also seen people re-do their character sheet at each level and keep the old copies for reference --- but I already lug enough paper to games so I don't follow this example.

Last edited:

Goblyn

Explorer
Well ...

Maximum HP goes down an amount equal to a creature's hit dice for every point of the con modifier lost

eg. a 6HD creature with a con of 14(+2) and 39 HP who takes 2 con damage goes down to 12(+1) con. It has lost 1 point of constitution modifier, so it loses 6x1=6 hp. Note that this HP loss is in addition to any HP damage the attack that caused the constitution damage caused. It is not only subtracted from the total, but also the current HP of the creature.

Umm... there. I think that about covers it. Hope that helps.

Remove ads