D20 + Mekton Zeta Plus

Morgan Keyes

First Post
Jack of Shadows said:
The biggest factor in my love of MZ+ is the scaling rules. It allows you to build everything from a handgun to the Deathstar and all function on the same rules system. D20 Future is a hodgepodge of seperate construction rules for everything. I think the Gadget system is very inovative but they just didn't carry it far enough.

Maybe I will just use Fuzion instead. Might be simpler, even though I'll need to teach a new rules set.

Jack

Oh I wasn't suggesting use of D20 Future's "design" systems. That's why I said D20 Mecha which was done by David Pulver (GURPS Vehicles, Ultra-Tech, Transhuman Space and other tech and setting gems) and published by Guardians of Order (now defunct; though you should still be able to DL the rules from the website). Scaling issues shouldn't be a problem under that system and the design rules are the same across the board whether it's a car, battle tank, mecha, or carrier.

I have to agree that the d20 Mecha SRD is THE way to go. The gadget system introduced in d20 Future is great for modifying existing equipment, but you can't really design new equipment from scratch. Having spent an inordinate amount of time using the d20 Mecha SRD while doing freelance work I can say that it comes close to Mekton Z+, but does not match it. I've been making extensive notes and writing supplemtary rules to cover the gaps in the SRD either for my freelance work or for personal use. I'll try and codify them into something useable and post it here.

Oh and the Sihouette system is on par with Mekton Z+.

Remove ads