• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E d20 Modern 4e

variant

Adventurer
When they do go around to doing a new edition of D20 Modern, they should change the name of it. D20 Modern is a bit generic.

The_Gneech

Explorer
Well, if 4E is really like SWSE, you wouldn't need that much to make a Modern variation. New and/or tweaked classes, a couple of pages of gear and vehicle stats, and you'd be good to go really. Heck, take out the force powers and aliens and SWSE could run a modern game perfectly well as written.

-The Gneech :cool:

Ranger REG

Explorer
variant said:
When they do go around to doing a new edition of D20 Modern, they should change the name of it. D20 Modern is a bit generic.
Meh. It didn't hurt GURPS or HERO System.

But I'm all for d20 Adventure (unless we're trampling on White Wolf d20 Adventure! book title).

Roudi

First Post
Yeah, but they said that last year too. "The future" is a pretty generic time which is "not now, not soon, no commitment."

Personally I'd be surprised if they updated the MSRD at all.

Aussiegamer

First Post
they are releasing it, so that those interested in doing any 3rd party stuff will pay them for access to all the new stuff via that gleemax deal.

Its all about the money and not the customers.

Roudi

First Post
Pay them for access? Gleemax deal? I have no idea what you are talking about, and I think you don't have one either.

That said, both Hasbro and WotC are businesses. Without money (as in, the thing they make from selling what they produce), their employees don't get paid and then they as companies cease to exist. Would folks quit ragging on a company for keeping an eye on profit? It's not as if RPGs are a goldmine industry, even for the biggest player.

MSRD updates have been hinted at in the past, usually to include material found in closed sources like d20 Past and d20 Apocalypse. If any update is coming, it will probably be of that nature, and not a system update to bring Modern in line with our new 4e overlords. I may be wrong, but it's my best guess.

Aussiegamer

First Post
If you bothered to read the replies in WotC you would see that you need to pay a monthly fee to access the better stuff on the WotC site, but maybe I misread that Roudi!

Profit, proft profit...hum some seem to think that thats all a company sound be about. But if you don't have customers due to your comapnies activites then you got no company.

Aussiegamer

First Post
I never said it would cost you for access to the MSRD..but for any newer stuff or maybe just to use something or rather. As they did I suppose for 3.5.

So you reckon in this pay for e-tools access and pay a monthly fee for thr "Insider" there will not be a fee for the 3rd party to access what ever from the WotC site?

Me thinks there will be a "fee" as they are heading down that road.

I have read that they want to restrict 3rd party by making you pay $1000's for the right to publish stuff.

Is there anything stating that is not true?

After all as Roudi states "...both Hasbro and WotC are businesses."

PS: Oh by the way Roudi don't be so rude in your replies. The lack of info about the new system from WotC, and the heap of guessing by us gamers that is going on is very confusing to some.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads