• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Modern - and what else?

Vigilance

Explorer
The Shaman said:
for martial arts, most people I know prefer Blood and Fists, but I didn't want to add AdCs to my games

Blood and Fists is usable without the classes, for those who prefer real world styles (which serve as a role playing aid and character hook as much as anything).

Chuck

Psion

Adventurer
Blood & Fists
Menace Manual
Modern Player's Companion
d20 Future & Dawning Star

would be my short-list (d20 future is not my favorite, but it's a foundation of Dawning Star)

The Shaman

First Post
Bobitron said:
;) Good book. My copy is very worn.
Yeah, we've already discussed your characters, Mr. Suave...or may I call you Rico?

;)

(Howzabout 'Rod Iron', Tough 3/Charismatic 3 - Charismatic for his special way with the ladies, Tough for the ungodly stamina...?)

Bobitron

Explorer
The Shaman said:
Yeah, we've already discussed your characters, Mr. Suave...or may I call you Rico?

;)

(Howzabout 'Rod Iron', Tough 3/Charismatic 3 - Charismatic for his special way with the ladies, Tough for the ungodly stamina...?)

Hahaha, choice character. There has to be a new prestige class in there somwhere...

Infernal Teddy said:
So, after getting myself d20 Modern, what other books should I get myself? What do you recommend, and why?
Have a look at the d20 modern SRD.

Its got d20 Future on it and (I think) the Menace Manual and Urban Arcana.

Might encourage you to buy the books, or provide all you need without having to get the books, or convince you not to touch the books with a 10' pole.

takyris

First Post
Unearthed Arcana, for D&D 3.5, for some alternate rules that might jazz things up or help you tune the game to what your group wants. (I really like the minor racial levels, and the rules on complex skill checks could be plunked down as well. For a magic game, you could use their rules to switch over to mana-based instead of slots-per-day based magic. And it's got CoC d20's sanity rules in there, which would work great in a d20 Modern game with a horror edge.)

Call of Cthulhu d20, for the aforementioned sanity rules as well as some good rules on plotting and adventure design.

(These are a bit out there, but the obvious good ones have already been mentioned by folks above, so I'm just firing in the oddball ideas.)

Remove ads