• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 modern armor

Dervarjeg

First Post
Quick question.

We are thinking about starting a d20 modern campaign and I was wondering if I could do this:
Can i use both a leather jacket (+1ac) and an undercover vest (+3ac) to get a total of +4 to ac?

Samloyal23

Adventurer
Quick question.

We are thinking about starting a d20 modern campaign and I was wondering if I could do this:
Can i use both a leather jacket (+1ac) and an undercover vest (+3ac) to get a total of +4 to ac?

If the vest was designed to be worn under clothing, I don't see a problem, but some body armour is too bulky for that. The jacket covers the arms, the vest doesn't, not the same as trying to wear two vests or two jackets...

Iku Rex

Explorer
Quick question.

No. Both grant an equipment bonus to AC.

"Bonuses with specific descriptors, such as "equipment bonus," generally don't stack (combine for cumulative effect) with others of the same type. In those cases, only the best bonus of that type applies." -- Modifier Types And Stacking - Characters Skill Basics - d20 Modern

Samloyal23

Adventurer
No. Both grant an equipment bonus to AC.

"Bonuses with specific descriptors, such as "equipment bonus," generally don't stack (combine for cumulative effect) with others of the same type. In those cases, only the best bonus of that type applies." -- Modifier Types And Stacking - Characters Skill Basics - d20 Modern

Yes, but neither one is a full suit, these are partial armour pieces. Logically, since you could wear them in the real world without them being overly bulky shouldn't you be able to do it in the game?

Ashtagon

Adventurer
I'd say no. They are both covering the same physical location (even though they are partial armour), and anything that would penetrate the undercover vest would certainly ignore the leather jacket, which is inferior protection.

That's besides the fact that both do equipment bonus to Defence, which doesn't stack anyway.

Remove ads