(D20 Modern) CORELINE: FIREWALLS: EPISODE 1 (IC)

Felix1459

First Post
"Why don't'cha toss it on over here. Anyway you can detonate dem sonsavitches while dey're still wit' der employer as opposed to der target?" Lobo asks with a grin.

The Doctor reaches into the cloak (with the rest of the team pointing guns at her... and Lobo sees that under the cloak... there's more machine than human. And what's human is rotting off), pulls out the PDA, and tosses it towards Luna.

"I'm sorry. There's only one detonator, and I handed it over to them.", sayd the Doctor.

"I didn't for this reason. If they had found out that I had a duplicate, they would have killed me and taken it. Just like you're right now interrogating me over it.", said the Doctor. "Of course, the whole freezing thing wasn't in the other guys' commission, either, but I got away with it since they weren't looking to use them suicide bombers on a situation where you'd think to use freezing stuff."

"You know, this is stupid.", says Vincente. "Hey, kiddo, does that gadget gives you the information we need?"

"I guess...", says Luna. "There's a lot of encrypted stuff, but I should be able to go through it eventually. The data on the bombs is the most-reviewed info here, anycase."

"Then I guess we don't need ya now, then.", says Vincente, pulling out his pistol and pointing it at the medic's face, thumbing back the hammer.

"WAIT!", says the Doctor. "You'll need me!"

"...why?"

"Because the data doesn't includes descriptions or pictures of the clients! It only has numbers and pseudonyms!", says the Doctor. "I have seen their faces and I would be able to recognize them for you!"

"You know that you have just traded off being shot for being tortured, right?", says Vncente.

The Doctor dry-gulps.

Remove ads