• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 Modern: Has Wizard stopped caring about it?

FWIW, both Stan! and Rich Redman have stated that d20M sold decently well, about as well as SW-RCR and better (in the pre-GURPS4e/NWoD era) than any other modern-era RPG. It wasn't a commercial failure, unless you're holding it to a D&D standard of sales; unfortunately, that's the standard that Wizards uses, because they have a finite amount of resources to be spent on developing RPG products.

IMO, d20M v1 is dead, at least as a Wizards product. I do think we'll see a v2 at or prior to GenCon 2009.

KoOS

Ranger REG

Explorer
King of Old School said:
FWIW, both Stan! and Rich Redman have stated that d20M sold decently well, about as well as SW-RCR and better (in the pre-GURPS4e/NWoD era) than any other modern-era RPG.
As well as the RCR? Then why did the RCR get a Second Printing run, and d20 Modern did not?

JPL

Adventurer
I'm glad that the plan is to get around to d20 Moderner eventually. A lot of the changes previewed in SW Saga and D&D 4.0 seem like they'd be good fits.

And Vig can do "Blood & Fists: Reninjad" and take some more of my money.

Remove ads