• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 Modern is out!

Paragon Badger

First Post
Well, I swung by my FLGS on the way to work and staring at me from the new arrivals was D20 Modern!

Haven't gotten to read much because I'm at work but I have to say thisis a BIG book. 384 pages and a little heft behind it. :D

The layout is pretty nice.
Introduction
Chapter 1: Characters
Chapter 2: Skills
Chapter 3: Feats
Chapter 4: Equipment
Chapter 5: Combat
Chapter 6: Advanced Classes
Chapter 7: Gamemastering
Chapter 8:Friends and Foes
Chapter 9: Campaign Models
Chapter 10: FX Abilities
Character Sheet(2 pages, looks like a modernized version of the PHB character sheet.)

The art is, of course, excellent. Throughout you'll find one artist who has a great modern comic book style.

The single funniest thing I've yet seen lies on p.238. I kid you not it is a GNOLL PIMP! Replete with fuzzy, purple wide brim hat and a cane. The illithid priest on p.240 iss great also.

Of great interest to my favorite iconic, MEEPO appears under the kobold entry in full camo with a shotgun and walkie talkie.

Opposite him is a medusa in a pant suit. p. 262 has a clown vampire. All in all the modernized monster pictures alone are worth the price of admission. Well I need to actually work so I'll update more later. I'll try and answer any easy questions too.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Vampire clowns? I knew it! People have been trying to tell me for years that clowns are harmless, but I never believed them. No sir.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Wait a minute. I thought the official release date is November 8.

That store should be fined or be incarcerated for selling the product before the release date. Thanks to the internet, we know about stores selling products early and get pissed off while other stores (like the ones in our area or state) are abiding Wizards' wish.

2WS-Steve

First Post
The Nov. 8 date might just be the day when d20 Modern gets released to the SRD and third party publishers can release d20 modern material. Still, WotC did seem to indicate that d20 Modern would be added to the SRD the day of release and more than a few stores break official street dates...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads