• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 Modern Open Call for Writers and Artists

Funksaw

First Post
Is there any way to tell what classes are already taken? Also, what would be inappropriate? "That guy down the block that watches way too much daytime TV" might be something that I could see playing, but...

D_Sinclair

Banned
Banned
Deadline Extended

Due to some issues around the office, the deadline for this project has been extended to August 15, 2004. Any questions can be directed to the same email address as submissions.

MerakSpielman

First Post
If you're interested in having a professional edit your book, please send me an email. Currently, I only have the Cooperative Dungeon adventures in my RPG-editing portfolio, but I work full time as a technical editor and know my business. :)

D_Sinclair

Banned
Banned
Sheridan said:
Any update on this yet? Have the final group of classess/talents/feats/ etc. been selected?
Thanks,
*Sheridan

To answer this question:

Basic Classes :
Mystic Hero
Psychic Hero
Action Hero
Sidekick
Average Joe
Revisions of all six basic classes

Advanced Classes:
CERT Agent
Deathwisher
Gun Mage
Kowloon Gun God
Military Recon
Monster Hunter
Polyhistor
Repo Man
Ritual Zealot
Shadow Exterminator
Shadow Op
Streetfighter
Substantist

Prestige Classes
Diabolic Cultist
Gunfight Disciple
Trophy Hunter
Scattergunner

There are a few others being pondered for inclusion.
We've also got about 20 new starting occupations, about the same number of new feats, and a few new talent trees.

PDF release is scheduled for November 15, 2004.

Sheridan

First Post
D_Sinclair said:
To answer this question:

There are a few others being pondered for inclusion.
We've also got about 20 new starting occupations, about the same number of new feats, and a few new talent trees.

PDF release is scheduled for November 15, 2004.

The scheduled release date was just about 2 months ago and the "Upcoming Product" listing for it on RPGNow has disappeared. Is there any update on this project? Is it still going to happen?
Thanks in advance for the info,
*Sheridan

D_Sinclair

Banned
Banned
Unfortunately, this product is on Hiatus, Sheridan.

We had seven authors lined up with multiple submissions from each, and they apparently dropped off the face of the planet, with no response from email or snail mail.

We will probably open the project up for new submissions sometime next month.

Sheridan

First Post
D_Sinclair said:
Unfortunately, this product is on Hiatus, Sheridan.

We had seven authors lined up with multiple submissions from each, and they apparently dropped off the face of the planet, with no response from email or snail mail.

We will probably open the project up for new submissions sometime next month.

I was one of those seven, as several of my submissions appear in the list of contents, but I never recieved anything via snail-mail, nor anything via e-mail after an initial acceptance letter and a note that a contract would be forthcoming. Is it safe to assume you aren't going to be using any of the forementioned material unless its submitted again under the next open call? I'd like to know just in case I have the opportunity to use the material elsewhere (writers gotta eat and all).
Thanks for your time,
-Sheridan

Remove ads