• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20 Modern Other Publishers?

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Ok I know d20 Modern is due out very soon. I was wondering what other non-Wotc companies have plans to support it?
I know Troll Lord Games has a setting called Comrades that is due out for it, but are there any other products from anyone else
to support/add to the d20 Modern line-up?
Thanks,
Brutorz Bill

MythicJustice

Explorer
There are a bunch of companies who will be producing product that supports the D20 Modern core rulebook, Mythic Dreams Studios will be one of them. Be on the lookout for an announcement before the end of the month. We're just waiting for the website to be completed and some specific pieces of art to arrive.

-Chad Justice
Mythic Dreams Studios
"Fear the Future, Destiny has Failed"

Brutorz Bill

First Post
Thanks for the input Mr. Justice anymore data that you would care to add would be greatly appreciated.

According to the WotC website here is a list of Companies that will be supporting D20 Modern:

Troll Lord Games
Green Ronin Publishing
Living Room Games
Agents of Gaming
Citizen Games
OtherWorld Creations, Inc.
Mongoose Publishing
Electric Mulch
Fiery Dragon Productions, Inc.
Paradigm Concepts, Inc.
Eden Studios
Goodman Games
Bad Axe Games
Mythic Dreams Studios

Would any of the above companies care to indulge us on some info about your upcoming d20 Modern Projects? Or anyone that I left out that has a project planned and would care to comment.
Warm Regards,
Brutorz Bill

2WS-Steve

First Post
Second World Simulations will release the Second World Sourebook for use with d20 Modern and standard d20 in December. Osseum Entertainment is handling fulfillment for me and they put together a blurb much better than I could so here it is:

The Second World Sourcebook is a complete guide to multi-genre roleplaying in the d20 universe. Drop a team of Special Forces Ops into any fantasy world, trap your wizard, thief and cleric in a near future cyberbased metropolis run by greedy corporations. The possibilities are endless for how you can cross or jump genres adding hundreds of new and exciting options to your game.

The Sourcebook supports both the d20 Modern Rules and the standard d20 rules and provides a complete set of genre and technology rules for customizing the way reality works in the two worlds, in alternate planes, or even in your own game world. Over 200 powers spread across 8 prestige classes (with an alternate, feat-based system)are detailed. Each class gets to pick one ability per level from a list of at least 25 special powers; this provides maximum customizability in character development. It also includes a complete set of influence rules with over 30 organizations and 100 favors to request; this system provides a nifty method for adding crunch to the political aspect of a game. The Second World Sourcebook also provides a basic campaign setting designed to show off the full potential of genre jumping.

HyrumOWC

First Post
Brutorz Bill said:
Thanks for the input Mr. Justice anymore data that you would care to add would be greatly appreciated.

According to the WotC website here is a list of Companies that will be supporting D20 Modern:

Troll Lord Games
Green Ronin Publishing
Living Room Games
Agents of Gaming
Citizen Games
OtherWorld Creations, Inc.
Mongoose Publishing
Electric Mulch
Fiery Dragon Productions, Inc.
Paradigm Concepts, Inc.
Eden Studios
Goodman Games
Bad Axe Games
Mythic Dreams Studios

Would any of the above companies care to indulge us on some info about your upcoming d20 Modern Projects? Or anyone that I left out that has a project planned and would care to comment.
Warm Regards,
Brutorz Bill

OWC's first D20 Modern release will be Solid!: The d20 Blaxploitation Experience (http://www.otherworlds.cx/solid.shtml), followed by Fuzz: Your d20 Modern Guide to the Police Precincts of the 1970's. :)

We also have a few more books planned for d20 Modern that we'll release the info on soon.

All of our d20 Modern books will be 64 pages, softcover, and retail for $15.00.

Hyrum.

MythicJustice

Explorer
Brutorz Bill said:
<snip>
Warm Regards,
Brutorz Bill

Well, there's not that much more I can divulge but what I can say is we will be releasing a 192 pg hardcover setting and then support material both for the setting and d20 Modern in general. We're very excited to be having Rob Campbell, ENnie Award winner for Best Graphic Design and Layout for Call of Cthulhu, doing graphic design and layout for us.

I'm hoping to be able to make our announcements late next week.

-Chad Justice
Mythic Dreams Studios
"Fear the Future, Destiny has Failed"

Christian Walker

First Post
a lil' somethin' here and there

I'll probably run d20 Modern material in Scrollworks from time to time. I'm not sure exactly what, though. Like most articles, it will depend upon my mood during the month!

Thundarr

First Post
Well, I'm a new publisher to gaming in general but Etherworld Games will be putting out a campaign setting next March entitled Unearth: The Dark Future and although we've already got a bunch of new rules outlined I will definitely consider using some aspects of D20 Modern as soon as the SRD is released.

Thanks,

--
Joe Rapoza, Servant of Mechacritus
Etherworld
Phone: 510-918-0744 or 510-849-1858
http://www.etherworld.com/
"Unearth: The Dark Future" Campaign Setting
(ISBN 0-9641136-1-9), Winter 2003

Unearth Preview #1 now avaialable.

Remove ads