• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Modern] Session One: Funky Martian Monks (CowBoy BeBop)

KitanaVorr

First Post
Horuka’s Neighborhood Bar
New Kamakura City on Mars

The bar girl waved at Chase as he came in, bright eyes lighting up at the sight of him as she self-consciously patted down her light blonde hair with its dark roots. "Hi there!" she called out coyly as she set a drink before him and a small little menu of various tidbits. "I'm glad you came back so soon. What happened to your friend?"

OOC: CHASE

Tokiwong

First Post
KitanaVorr said:
Horuka’s Neighborhood Bar

The bar girl waved at Chase as he came in, bright eyes lighting up at the sight of him as she self-consciously patted down her light blonde hair with its dark roots. "Hi there!" she called out coyly as she set a drink before him and a small little menu of various tidbits. "I'm glad you came back so soon. What happened to your friend?"

OOC: CHASE

Chase looks at the menu, and speaks nonchalantly, "You know, enjoying the sites of the city," he finally looks up and smiles, "I will have the burger, hold the onions, and some fries. But my friend, he has things to do," he winks to the girl, "me, I have people to see," he adds nonchalantly.

Tokiwong

First Post
Chase smiled sly, Sometimes it is just too easy... sometimes... he raised a brow, "Alright, I guess I can swing by, not much else I got going on till the morning anyways."

Chase eats his meager meal, and makes small talk, taking time to get to know the faces of the room. He leaves a healthy tip, and then gives Gilgamesh a call as he leaves the bar, just to see just what he was up to.

I hope Gil has something useful, and well the others too, though I don't think Selena would doublecross me, so she may be a great lead... course she is really bitter... Chase sighs, as he stands on the street trying to contact Gil.

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
Since he's already near the dishes, Vincent will approach one of the cleaners in the dining hall.

"Excuse me, but I needed to speak with the abbot. Could you tell me how I might get an appointment?"

KitanaVorr

First Post
Horin-ji Temple - Main Temple - Dining Hall

While Bobcat continued her interrogation of the old woman, Vincent cornered one of the monks washing the bowls. The monk glanced up as the other man approached with a simple rather patiently look on his face.

After Vincent spoke, the monk nodded slightly. "You may speak to the abbot now if you wish spiritual guidance. He is in the main temple hall with some of the worshippers."

OOC: VINCENT

Last edited:

Krizzel

First Post
Horin-ji Temple Courtyards

Thalessa inhaled sharply in surprise, scowling furiously at the blank viewscreen. Words could not begin to form even in her mind, and if the comlink hadn't been attached to her wrist she would have thrown it against the temple's wall. As it was, she nearly bent down to swipe up a rock, but instead settled for slapping the wall roughly with the flat of her palm. It was hardly satisfying though considering she couldn't break it and then crush it to dust with her heel.

After a short round of smacks and kicks she leaned her forehead and forearms against the wall, breathing deeply. Stupid!

Tokiwong

First Post
After Chase speaks with Gil, if he answers, he will go and grab a change of clothes, something not too flashy, but definitely, stylish, and then swing by the bar, to pick up the young girl, who's name at the moment escapes him, not that it matters to him...

Hmm, dinner, some fun... and then some REAL fun... good way to blow off steam before the race tommorow... Chase steps into the doorway of the bar with a smirk on his lips, he speaks calmly, "So you ready to do this or what?"

attachment.php

loxmyth

First Post
i]Horin-ji Temple - Main Temple
New Kamakura City on Mars[/i]

The old woman's eyes widened and she whispered to Bobcat. "Its not nice to gossip about the vice abbott like that...even if he likes wine and women a bit too much."

Bobcat nodded sympathetically, then moved so she was less than an arm's length from the woman. Her smoky voice was low, conspiratorial. "Has this love for wine and women gotten him into any kind of trouble? Does the abbot know?" She was truly curious at this point, and getting into the thrill of hearing dirt on other people. Lord knows, there wasn't much gossip to be had on the Bebop.

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
Vincent thanks the monk and turns to leave. On his way out, he gestures to Bobcat to make sure she knows where he is going, and that he'll be back soon.

Once in the courtyard, he stops and looks around for the abbot. He'll wait until it seems the man has a free moment, he doesn't want to interrupt any speech he may be giving to worshippers. Once he sees an opening, he approaches.

Let's hope the abbot's in a better mood now...

Vincent puts on his best courtroom smile. "Sir, I was hoping to have a word with you now that the service has concluded. My companions and I were hoping to help you recover your scroll, and we needed to get some information about Jun. Is it possible that you could answer a few questions?"

Remove ads