• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 Modern] Stargate SG-1 - Part II - It's getting warmer

MadThinker

First Post
Lt. Luthor Donovan (3d4 52VP 12WP)

Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0740.24 hours, June 3, 2003

Donovan raised his sights ever so slightly and waited to take his shot. On one of the salamander’s rhythmic weaves, his target of choice was moving into position. Anticipating the completion of the creature’s movement, Donovan fired his sniper rifle. In the blink after the shot, Donovan didn’t see if the shot hit its mark. The creature had stopped its movement. For a second (which actually seemed like much longer), the creature froze in its tracks . . . its huge spear slipped from its fingers . . . and it began to fall backward onto its back.

Donovan lowered the rifle slightly and watched the thing fall. He smiled, satisfied with his work.

Yippee-ki-yay, motherf@*ker!

Donovan grabbed his seabag and slung it over his shoulder. He began moving toward the Stargate, but kept his rifle trained in the direction of the smaller creatures.

Last edited:

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Lt. Commander Craig Durant (4D6 AD, 44VP, 14WP)

Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

No sooner had Donovan fired and dropped the lead snake creature, then Durant heard a large 'whoosh' and a bright light appeared from behind him. He turned and stared into the shimmering beauty of the Stargate. It was almost mesmerizing. He felt he could look into it forever. Then Grayson ran up the ramp and disappeared into it!

"You've gotta be absolutely f^(&ing kidding me!" Grayson was the teams only hope of communicating with the lava pit snakes. One thing Durant had learned in his years of combat is when a superior force was suddenly, unexpectedly stopped dead in their tracks, it was a pretty good time to demand a surrender. Since the team lucked out and took down the king snake, the others had to be wondering what was in store for them. No such luck now! This team definitely needs some team building exercises, or at least some practice following orders!

"Alright Andreev, you're next. Be ready for anything. Fisher you follow him, then Fallon and the Professor. We'll follow last."

Durant then turned his back on the Stargate, still shaking chills from watching it. Facing the rest of the naga army he readied his rifle in preparation of their advance. "Reed you'll go first from our group, then Stewart and Donovan." Without taking his eyes off the snakes he continued. "Nice work by the way Luke. Haven't lost your touch at all. Stewart, you gonna be okay?"

Last edited:

kid A

First Post
Andreev Ilianov (3d4 AD 45VP 14WP)

Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

"Alright Andreev, you're next. Be ready for anything. Fisher you follow him, then Fallon and the Professor. We'll follow last."

A simple nod to Durant, and Andreev was ready to move. He called to the others, "Mr. Fisher, Miss Fallon, Dr. Nguyen..." It was only just then that it hit him. "Where is young Mr. Grayson?" He had not seen the boy disappear through the Stargate. He scanned the room, deciding that either he must have already gone through the gate, or he was somewhere in the room on Craig's orders. Swiftly recovering from his thoughts, he motioned to the others to follow him to the Stargate and addressed them, "Gather your gear and come quickly!"

Approaching the center of the ring, Andreev lowered his weapon and took a quick moment to admire the beauty of the Stargate's event horizon. It almost resembled water rippling in a lake, except for the brilliant light originating just under the surface. Looking into it then, it occurred to him what was happening. He was finally ready going to go through the Stargate. To be amongst the stars and travel through the depths of space.

I'm going home!

All thoughts of burning feet, sweltering heat and firey naga-creatures were forgotten in this moment. He smiled, suddenly remembering his youth, spent marveling at the night sky, as he stepped into the event horizon...

Last edited:

ajkar

First Post
Lt Barry Stewart 50VP 14WP 3d6AD

Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

The creature had stopped its movement. For a second (which actually seemed like much longer), the creature froze in its tracks . . . its huge spear slipped from its fingers . . . and it began to fall backward onto its back.

Stewart stood in shocked relief as the red sprayed out the back of the king naga’s head and collapsed backward away from him. He looked at his pistol again, this time in disgust. As there was no other nagas within striking distance, Stewart suddenly realized he was on fire and took the opportunity to tear off the remnants of his flaming shirt. Then he gave his shirt a touchdown slam onto the remains of the king naga.

Stewart yelled,"Yeah! That’s one for the good guys!", as he made a mental note – Need to ask Commander Durant for a new shirt and a bigger gun!

Then, remembering Stewart, she slowed her pace to allow him to catch up. "What were you thinking, jumping in front of a snake like that?" She tsked, but it was fairly obvious that she was impressed. "I'll take a look at those burns when we get to the other side, okay?"

Not letting his guard down, Stewart replied to Rylee’s queries,
“Sorry, but that’s the whole thing when I get into combat I don’t think I just react, plus I’m bigger and trained, besides if I hadn’t Jeremiah would probably be dead.”
Then Barry looked Rylee over and noticed that she was in worse shape than he was,
“Okay, but only if I can return the favor! But what about Grayson he looks like the thing ate him and spit him back out!?”

Not waiting for a reply, Stewart was back to taking care of business- rearguard, pistol readied as he scanned the warehouse for the next closest naga. He held his fire, waiting to see if the nagas would pursue the team. He kept a pace with Rylee that would assure he would be one of the last ones through the gate.

Last edited:

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

“Sorry, but that’s the whole thing when I get into combat I don’t think I just react, plus I’m bigger and trained, besides if I hadn’t Jeremiah would probably be dead.”

Bigger and trained? Her eyebrows shot up at that one. Bigger, sure, but not everyone was built like a brick wall. Trained?! She'd had plenty of training! She closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths. Now was not the time to bring out the measuring tape... particularly where training was concerned! "Well, I'm sure Greyson will thank you when we get to the other side of the gate," she replied stiffly.

Apparently, her conversation with Stewart was over... probably for the best, it could always be continued in cooler climates. She grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder, before making her way up the ramp. She'd wait until after Lucas passed through the gate, and then she would too; but not before pausing to touch the surface of the gate a few times, to see if it truly was water, or simply an illusion.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Lucas Fisher (52 VP, 16 WP, 3 (d4) AD)

Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada

Once Andreev had moved through the Stargate, Lucas followed. While seemingly unimpressed by the Gate itself, in truth he had yet to realize the full implications of the field of light in front of him. Without a second thought, he stepped forward into another world...

ajkar

First Post
Lt Barry Stewart

Bigger and trained? Her eyebrows shot up at that one. Bigger, sure, but not everyone was built like a brick wall. Trained?! She'd had plenty of training! She closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths. Now was not the time to bring out the measuring tape... particularly where training was concerned! "Well, I'm sure Greyson will thank you when we get to the other side of the gate," she replied stiffly.

Stewart noted the raised eyebrow and the stiffness of her reply. How in the world did she take offense to what I said when we were talking about standing in front of a snake that would have killed Jeremiah. He pondered a bit and decided There must be history between her and Grayson that he was unaware of and she took offense that I am more trained for combat than him!?...WOMEN! She must be trying to use me for getting to Grayson somehow? I don't want to know!

Stewart then helped Durant form a semi-circle perimeter around the event horizon to keep the snakes back until everyone was through. Still he kept an eye on the closest snake waiting to see what they were going to do.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Inside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0741 hours, June 3, 2003

The smaller salamanders, which were still taller than the tallest of the SG team, stood for many seconds staring in shock at their fallen leader. The coloration on their scales shifted from a bright orange to a deeper orange. Flames licked occasionally from them, smoke billowed from their forms.

A keening wail began from one of salamanders and was quickly joined by the other creatures as the first unit started through the Stargate (the first unit after Grayson, that is). Gathering what gear they could, regardless of ownership, Andreev and Fisher moved up the platform and through the Stargate.

As Lorelai approached the Stargate she stopped for many seconds viewing event horizon, and tentatively touching it. As she moved to go through it, she paused and called out to those that remained before stepping through the gate, “The Stargate’s probably only going to be open for another twenty seconds tops.”

One of the creatures seemed to snap out of its grief , noticing for the first time that their prey was escaping through the gate. With a snarling hiss, it charged those of the team remaining. Lt. Reed laid down covering fire as she stood at the Stargate’s horizon.

“Come on!!” she yelled to the others as bullets blazed from her pair of pistols. Reed then ducked into the event horizon and was gone from the warehouse. The salamanders hesitated . . but only for a moment.

That was all thre rest of the team needed however. Any thoughts of continuing conversations was lost in the final dash through the Stargate. With a final glance at the hellscape he was leaving behind, Durant nodded to Stewart and the two were last to enter the Stargate.

OOC: To be continued in the thread “The Enemy of my Friend . . . no . . . uhmmm?”

Last edited:

Remove ads