• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 Modern] Stargate SG-1 - Part II - It's getting warmer

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Various Post Threads
[Roster/NPCs] http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49604
[Recruitment] http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48936
[OOC Thread] http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49654
[Old IC Thread - Part I] http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49672
[Old IC Thread - Part II] http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59736
[New IC Thread - Part III] http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80076

Secure Situation Room, Nellis Air Force Base
Las Vegas, Nevada
0801 hours, June 1, 2003

Nellis Air Force Base was home to several wings of the Air Force, including the 57th wing and the 99th wing. The base was also responsible for one of the most famous Air Force units, the Thunderbirds. The base was the Air Warfare Center for the military and also held advanced weapon training for most officers. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, for the people currently in the room, the base also controlled the land around what was known commonly as Area 51. The responsibility for Area 51 was held also by Edwards AFB, but not the section that interested the people in the room.

Major General Martin Easton was a solidly built military man in his early 50’s. He was clean shaven and had piercing eyes and it was easy to sense the level of comfort he had when dealing with his base and his responsibilities. In fact, Lt. Commander Durant had heard of the man and his military career, as well as his reputation as a marksman.

Major Paul Davis of the Air Force, and more recently, the Pentagon was also in the room along with two aids of the Major General. The remaining individuals in the room consisted of Lt. Commander Craig Durant, former anti-terrorist trainer and current leader of a Stargate team, and Andreev Ilianov, a former Russian astronaut, and current member of said SG team.

The Major General spoke briefly and was to the point, “Gentleman, the Pentagon has requested that I provide access to underground Warehouse 37 to you. I have been ordered to house you and keep you secure during your stay here and provide transportation to and from said location. Other than that, I have no responsibility whatsoever with you or your team. Do I make myself clear?”

After the appropriate ‘yes, sir’s, the Major General dismissed the two aides and had the room hard sealed. “With that officially said, would someone like to tell me what the h*ll is going on here?”

OOC: all (though only Durant and Ilianov are in the room, others may post their evening or early morning)

Attachments

• nellis.jpg
    nellis.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:

Calim

First Post
Well since I have nothing better to do.

Jeremiah assembles his equipment in one of the common rooms so as to have some room and verifies it is all working appropriately and goes about trying to figure out if there is anything in common between Native Amercian language and any of his other old guages such as sumerian or babylonian.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Las Vegas, Nevada
0801 hours, June 1, 2003

Durant sat, relatively quietly, during the presentation. He answered direct questions and asked a few in order to clear up details. But overall, he was silent and well behaved. The Major-General then instructed the others to leave and asked an even more direct question.

"Sir, we have been at this for about 48 hours, give or take a few time zones. We might have been thrown into this even more so than you. Major Davis is the man we have been dealing with who seems to have the greatest clue to what this all involves. Our biggest problem has been the opposition trying to kill us. They have even made a blatant attempt dressed in Air Force uniforms. What I need is to take my team to Warehouse 37 and see what answers we can get from there. Unless Major Davis has any new developments to share."

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Las Vegas, Nevada
0802 hours, June 1, 2003

Major Davis cleared his throat, stood up from the chair at the side of the table and addressed the Major General, “Sir, I believe that I’m best qualified to help you understand the current situation. With your permission, sir?”

Davis walked over to Durant and Ilianov, nodded to Ilianov, shook Durant’s hand and said, “Congratulations on getting through hot times thus far. I’m afraid to tell you that I believe the situation is going to get a lot warmer before we can get back to any sense of normalcy.”

Davis laid out think envelopes for Durant, Ilianov, and Major General Easton. “Contained in these envelopes is the situation as the Pentagon currently understands it – and this information and what I’m about to inform you about is top secret and need to know only. Major General, residing in Warehouse 37 is a second device known as a Stargate. This gate is capable of allowing people almost immediate intergalactic transportation to numerous other worlds. A similar device is located in Cheyenne Mountain and has been most recently in operation consistently over the last two years. Unfortunately, something happened approximately twenty-two days ago at the complex and it is currently compromised. Many of the command protocols were transferred out when we became aware of the potential incident. However, the mountain and personnel therein and in the surrounding area are considered compromised.”

“From the details we’ve been able to gather, at great cost, something happened when one of the teams traveled to planet PX7-734. That was the last planet we have record of the SG teams traveling to before all information was cut off. Those that have come out of the facility that haven’t been killed seemed to have been controlled in some manner – akin to hypnotism or suggestion, though much deeper and compelling. They have no knowledge of what happened at the facility, just their instructions of what they were to accomplish when they left. Any failure to complete the mission set forth results in the personnel killing themselves.”

“The job I’ve been assigned by the Pentagon is to assemble a team under the command of Lt. Commander Craig Durant. This team is to enter the secondary Stargate and contact some of the alien allies we’ve established to this point that may be able to help us with our current situation. . . I sure you have questions,” Davis said as he paused looking at the Major General as well as Durant and Ilianov.

OOC: all

Last edited:

kid A

First Post
Las Vegas, Nevada
0802 hours, June 1, 2003

He'd had some strange contracts before. And the nature of his job had always involved him finding a way to achieve the impossible.

But this, this was amazing.

Listening carefully as Major Davis spoke, Andreev scanned through the envelope, gleaning what information he could from its contents. From the way Major Davis spoke of it, and from what he picked up from the envelope, this "stargate" seemed to offer instantaneous travel to locations across the galaxy, without the apparent use of vehicles. This revolution in space travel and the repurcussions it would have on the world of science, hell, the world itself would be astounding! The questions percolated in his head - questions of its origins, mechanics, and engineering - his excitement growing with each new thought. Now he had finally discovered what his colleagues at NASA had been speaking about.

But, as this thought entered his head, he was jerked back to the reality of the current situation. Somehow, this Stargate program had been compromised, and the previous team(s), many of which included past colleagues of his, had either disappeared, or had turned up brainwashed, for lack of a better word. Things seemed to be spiraling out of control, and now a new team was being assembled to go in after them without any kind of previous training. As Major Davis came to a pause in his briefing, Andreev spoke up, asking a few questions that he felt needed addressed.

"Major Davis, if I may... how many teams have been lost in this program? Is it known who has compromised the first of these Stargates?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Las Vegas, Nevada
0803 hours, June 1, 2003

Originally posted by Andreev Ilianov
"Major Davis, if I may... how many teams have been lost in this program? Is it known who has compromised the first of these Stargates?" [/B]

"There are, or were, twenty-six SG teams (StarGate teams) which each consisted of between four and seven members. Not to mention the fourteen hundred personnel within the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), United States Northern Command (USNORTHCOM), United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM), and Air Force Space Command (AFSPC) - all located in the Cheyenne Mountain Complex."

"As for who compromised the installation, we don't know for certain. Anyone sent in either hasn't come back, or has come back mind-controlled. We believe SG-2 was the team that was assigned the PX7-734 mission if that was what you were asking as well. By the way, Mr. Ilianov, it is a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance. I've read your file and you'll be a fine addition to the team," Major Davis replied.

kid A

First Post
Las Vegas, Nevada
0803 hours, June 1, 2003

"...By the way, Mr. Ilianov, it is a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance. I've read your file and you'll be a fine addition to the team," Major Davis replied.

Despite Major Davis' rather foreboding answers, Andreev still managed a smile. "Thank you Major Davis. I am honored to have been invited to work on this project, although I wish it was under more pleasant circumstances."

He looked to Durant, and back to Major Davis. "I am sorry, I do not wish to question those in charge of the StarGate project, however, there is one thing I do not quite yet understand... Are we to go in after the previous SG teams, or are we to simply ensure that the compromised StarGate is secured?"

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Las Vegas, Nevada
0803 hours, June 1, 2003

Durant sat listening to the story unfold before him. Slowly a slight smile crossed his face as he twisted his neck. It seemed as if he had worked out a kink that had been bothering him for a very long time.

"Major. Do I understand that the short version of what will happen next consists of our team getting organized, briefed and equiped, then using this Stargate to collect allies in a war against whoever took over the NORAD complex?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Las Vegas, Nevada
0803 hours, June 1, 2003

Originally posted by Craig Durant
"Major. Do I understand that the short version of what will happen next consists of our team getting organized, briefed and equiped, then using this Stargate to collect allies in a war against whoever took over the NORAD complex?"

"Yes. . . that's it in a nutshell. The first of these allies is the To'kra, a race similar to the Gou'old but who are fighting the Gou'old and live in harmony with their symbiotes. We've only had first contact with them a short time ago so not much is known, but what is known is in those files."

"In addition, and to answer Mr. Ilianov's question as well, there may be controlled SG teams off world. You are to neutralize them and bring them back through our stargate. Who knows what damage they could cause while controlled. To that end, I have two weapons that are called 'Zat guns' - effective, one shot should render unconsciousness. Also, tranquilizers would also be an effective weapon against them. The hope is to render them unconscious and keep them sedated until this problem is sorted out. The specifics on the zat guns are detailed in the files."

"Hopefully, with the help of some allies, you'll be able to determine what happened at the main base and develop a plan to correct it. Once you enter the Stargate, you're on you own. You have authorization to use whatever means necessary to accomplish the safe recovery of Cheyenne Mountain and the Stargate program. I will not be here and your contact here will be the Major General. You will need to station personnel at the Stargate to receive you when you return as well as to guard against any unauthorized access while you're gone. Anything else?" Major Davis asked.

OOC: all

Last edited:

Dark Nemesis

First Post
One of the Common Rooms, Nellis Air Force Base
Las Vegas, Nevada
0803 hours, June 1, 2003

After a good night's sleep, a shower and a cup of coffee, Rylee was feeling a little better about herself as she wandered into the common room. Still, this was what? Her second, maybe third day in a tightly confined area. First the jet, now this... it was not a good comparison to the mountains that she had called her home for the past few years. She offered Greyson a thin smile and a vague "Good morning," as she wandered arund the room, until she became curious as to what it was he was doing.

"What is that?" she asked, gesturing toward the equipment he had set up around him.

Remove ads