• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 Modern] Stargate SG-1 - Part II - It's getting warmer

kid A

First Post
Secure Situation Room, Nellis Air Force Base
Las Vegas, Nevada
0807 hours, June 1, 2003

Andreev listened intently as both Major Davis and Major General Easton continued briefing them. Taking it all in, he began to have an uneasy feeling about the whole situation. Obviously, not everyone needed to be trained in military combat, but he would have felt even the slightest bit more comfortable if Lorelai and Jerimiah knew how to handle a weapon. In addition, he felt disappointed that he was here primarily for military muscle. He would, of course, be travelling across space on this mission. And, he would also prove very useful in the field should any vehicle or technology surface. But, as much as he was trained for this sort of thing back in the Russian AF, it was something that he had hoped was behind him. He enjoyed working independently as a consultant (sans combat) and was thrilled beyond measure at the opportunity to work in space. But this "job opportunity" was definitely not turning out to be what he originally thought.

When Major Davis finished speaking, Andreev found that he had no further questions, or at least, no questions specifically pertaining to the briefing. "Well, gentlemen, I believe I understand what you are asking of us and I am ready to begin preparing for our departure." He looked to Durant, looking for input. "If Commander Durant has no other inquiries, I am wondering, what are we to do next to begin mission prep?"

Dark Nemesis

First Post
One of the Common Rooms, Nellis Air Force Base
Las Vegas, Nevada
0804 hours, June 1, 2003

"Hmm. Sounds interesting, I guess. How do you go about finding links between the languages?" she had noticed how animated Jeremiah had become when talking about his work, and in a way, she was amused, as she could not remember feeling that excited about anything. Except maybe shooting badguys...

When Lucas entered the rec room, she grinned and waved to him, apparently in better spirits. "Good morning."

Calim

First Post
Las Vegas, Nevada
0804 hours, June 1, 2003

Seeing Lucas walk in Jeremiah says, "Good morning," then goes back to explaining to Rylee,"These words meant the same in those languages as it does in ours so what i am looking for basically is a word that means the same in all languages."

Last edited:

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Las Vegas, Nevada
0807 hours, June 1, 2003

"Alright then. I have not had a chance to read through these in detail yet. If there's a possibility we could come through the other Stargate I would like to get an idea of what that compound looks like so we can come up with an E&E plan." Durant closed the folder in fornt of him and straightened it's contents. "Also, is there anyone within the To'kra society that we know or are looking to hook up with?"

Durant turned to Major General Easton. "Thank you sir. My bedside manor may be lacking, but I am a hell of a surgeon!"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Las Vegas, Nevada
0810 hours, June 1, 2003

“I can provide a basic layout of the base as well as some details of the 28th level, the level the Stargate is on. However, you may not get the chance to enter the base through the gate, because of the iris place on the gate,” Major Davis said. He then explained the basic layout and the purpose behind the iris, which was to prevent unauthorized access. “Now I don’t fully understand the principles behind it, but the bottom line is that you could end up with a one way ticket to no where if you enter the wrong base.”

“Upon successful contact with the To’kra, you should request to speak with either Lantash or Selmak, both of which have dealt with SG-1 on previous encounters. As for the next step, I would think you should brief your team on the mission. I’m certain that Mr. Ilianov and Ms Nguyen will want to review the Stargate material we’ve included in the files as well as a detailed examination of the Stargate to prepare for it for your journey. Then you’ll need to determine who will go on the mission and who will remain behind to guard the gate until your return. This is an issue because the Stargate issue works both ways. They could arrive here when they intended to arrive at Cheyenne Mountain, and we don’t have an iris to protect this gate,” Major Davis added.

“If that is all,” Major General Easton said in what had to be is command voice, “then you’re dismissed. I don’t want to hold you gentlemen up. I’ll order the quartermaster to deliver your gear to your accommodations. Dial 1725 when you’re ready to head out and a vehicle will be brought around to take you to Warehouse 37.” With that, Easton stood up, saluted and exited the room.

Major Davis began gathering up materials still left at the table, including the entire file meant for Major General Easton. “For myself, I’ve got to head back out immediately. I don’t want anyone tracking me to have any more time to realize where I am. Good luck, gentlemen, and hopefully will be having beers and laughing about this whole situation in a couple of days.”

OOC: all

kid A

First Post
Las Vegas, Nevada
0810 hours, June 1, 2003

"Good luck, gentlemen, and hopefully will be having beers and laughing about this whole situation in a couple of days.”

As everyone began getting up to leave the briefing room, Andreev gathered all the materials he had been studying and returned them to the envelope. He then stood up and walked over to Durant.

"What do you make of all this, Craig? I do not know about you, my friend, but I could use that drink Major Davis talked about right now."

Jarval

Explorer
Las Vegas, Nevada
0804 hours, June 1, 2003

"Hi." Lucas smiles at Rylee and Jeremiah. "Has anyone found where we get breakfast in this place yet? Oh, and how's the arm holding up?" He asks Rylee. "I guess they've got proper doctors here, so you won't have to face me patching you up again."

MadThinker

First Post
Las Vegas, Nevada
0804 hours, June 1, 2003

Having finished his shower at the end of his daily 10 mile run, Donovan heads of to breakfast.

"Only good thing about the @%*&! Air Farce is their food. I hope this base doesn't disappoint."

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Las Vegas, Nevada
0804 hours, June 1, 2003

"I see. Well,good luck in your search..." she said, patting Jeremiah on the shoulder before regaining her feet.

"My arm feels okay, thank you for asking. By pure luck alone, I found coffee, but breakfast sounds good. Mind if I join you in your search? Preferably something that does not include ration packs, roots, or berries..." That having been regular fare for the past several months, she was looking forward to a change.

She nodded to Donovan as he emerged from his room, and gave him a questioning look. "Air... farce?" Perhaps she had not heard him right?

Calim

First Post
Las Vegas, Nevada
0804 hours, June 1, 2003

"Hey don't leave to eat my computer, I am kinda hungry to after all." Jeremiah smiles at everyone as he gets up to rush off after them.

Last edited:

Remove ads