• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 Modern] Stargate SG-1 - Part II - It's getting warmer

Calim

First Post
One of the Common Rooms, Nellis Air Force Base
Las Vegas, Nevada
0803 hours, June 1, 2003

Motioning towards each as he names them,"This is my digital video camera, my laptop and my scanner and a pile of writing that I had the kids do for me at the reservation. Its a fasicination of mine to see if all languages are linked in someway so as to be able to find a root language that everything was spawned from, why exactly that is fasicinatiing I am not entirely sure but I get to meet a lot of interesting people while studying and hoping. " Jeremiah smiles warmly at Rylee as he states the last.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Las Vegas, Nevada
0803 hours, June 1, 2003

"It sounds very interesting. Have you had much luck in discovering a common language?" she asked as she perched on the back of a nearby couch, looking over his work curiously.

Calim

First Post
Las Vegas, Nevada
0804 hours, June 1, 2003

"Not very much but I am always hoping to find some link somewhere, maybe someday I will be the one who finds it, then again I don't know of anyone else who is looking." Jeremiah laughs slightly at his own joke.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Las Vegas, Nevada
0804 hours, June 1, 2003

"It is possible, I guess, to be the one to find it, if you are the only one looking for it..." Rylee said with a slight shrug, as she drained th last of her coffee from the cup. Feeling a bit better with the caffeine in her system, she once again peered at Jeremiah's work, genuinely curious about it. "So what language is this?"

Calim

First Post
"Choctaw Indian, which we have stolen some words from there language just like we have stolen words from just about every other language in existence, which is were I got my idea like the word library has its origin in Latin, or arena coming from the Etruscan, and Monoploy comes from Greek. It would seem that I might be boring to you so I stop lecturing and if you have specific questions maybe I can answer them with out going over your head."

Jeremiah is very animated and excited as he talks about his passion but he also knows that it bores normal people to death when he talks about it.

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Secure Situation Room, Nellis Air Force Base
Las Vegas, Nevada
0803 hours, June 1, 2003

Durant continued to leaf through the details within the files. "Do we have established protocols for meeting with the To'kra? Do we have a liaison or do we just show up and start walking around?"

Durant began to scribble some notes. "What training do you have in mind before sending us off, Major? We are all on pretty different pages in that regard. Also, how well will we be equipped and do we have some means to communicate with our people back here on Earth?"

Durant took a moment to study Andreev. It was easy for him to slip into his role within this insane mission, but he was not sure for the others. Durant knew Andreev would have the best understanding of the equipment and ideas explained, but that did not make any of it easy to accept.

kid A

First Post
Las Vegas, Nevada
0803 hours, June 1, 2003

Andreev, hearing Durant's concern about training, decided to voice his own thoughts on the matter. "I find myself in agreement with Commander Durant on this issue, Major. Our team is comprised of members from many different fields or expertise, which is useful, to be sure. However, if there is even a remote chance of combat on this mission, and you seem to be certain there will, I would feel more comfortable with everyone recieving, at the very least, basic combat training. I myself could use a bit of a brushing up, as I have not been in a combat situation for years..." well... "aside from the incident yesterday, of course."

Another thought came to him. "Have we any additional technology from these allies, the 'Tok'ra,' Major Davis? I would like, if at all possible, to have a look at these 'Zat-guns' as well as any other technology we may have acquired."

Jarval

Explorer
Lucas sits on his bed, trying to read. His mind won't cooperate with this task, however, and he finds himself thinking over the events of the last two days.

So, this is what the Air Force is like. I guess I still need to see a normal day though. He closes his book, leaning back against the wall. Hmm, I wonder how everyone else is getting on. I'm sure Durant and Andreev will have settled right in, and Rylee seems pretty at ease with the military, but I guess Lorelai and Jeremiah might be at as much of a loss as me. Let's go and find out. And see if I can get some breakfast while I'm at it.

Leaving his book on the bed, he moves out into the hallway, and goes in search of his companions.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Las Vegas, Nevada
0807 hours, June 1, 2003

“Let’s see. . . what’s the best way to answer this. The To’kra are extremely secretive, the coordinates that are given are the last known location of one of the bases. The information was gathered by SG-1 team approximately 10 weeks ago. As for liaisons, you’ll have to make do with the members of your team.

“Regarding training, I believe that everyone with the exception of perhaps Ms. Nguyen and Mr. Grayson within your team knows their way around a gun or two. If we felt there was time to put your team through basic, weapons and firearms training, and combat tactics, we would do that. However, that time isn’t available. Not to mention the fact that someone has taken an interest in the people that make up your team – the longer you’re out and about, the greater the risk for your personnel. Finally, this mission is about establishing contacts and requesting what aid they can provide. I’d be kidding myself if I said I didn’t think there would be conflict, but it isn’t the focus of this mission.”

“As for gear, with the Major General’s permission, you’ll be equipped with fatigues, tactical vests, military comms, and some weapons requisitioned from the armory here on Nellis. These two zat guns are the only advanced technology that was available to you. Everything else was either at Cheyenne Mountain or was otherwise unavailable. I have some exposure to these weapons and can show your there operations after the meeting.”

“Communication will be a problem. Once the gate closes, you’ll be on your own. Only by returning through the Stargate. The problem is we aren’t certain that you won’t enter through the Stargate at Cheyenne Mountain and be compromised. In simple terms, it’s like there are to telephones at the house and they both ring when you dial home – whoever picks up the phone first gets you. If its an emergency, you take that risk. Otherwise, it would probably be best if you were prepared to deal with the situation before you returned,” Major Davis finished.

Major General Easton spoke up, “I have no problem with the requisitions, MRE’s and survival gear will also be made available. Prior to this meeting I’ve already had two separate inquires as to this group possibly being on this base. One was from SJ AFB, inquiring about a Lt. Donovan, another was from some talking head in Washington. Frankly, the less I know about this mission and your team Durant, the better I feel. I’ve heard a lot of stories about you. Which, to me at least, means that a couple of the are true. Regardless, you have the rep for getting the job done. I expect that if there’s a way to solve this, you’re the man for the job.”

Major Davis chimed back in, “One final point . . . if something should happen, either at Cheyenne Mountain or as a result of the Mountain and the risk intensifies, authorization has already been given to destroy the base and surrounding lands before the risk grows past that area or we lose containment.”

OOC: all

Remove ads