• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Modern, Survival Horror,-- Parody!

Death_Jester

Explorer
Hello Everyone,

I was struck today with an inspiration for a game for it came from the late late late show type game for d20 modern. It would be based on the survival horror genre. What I need to know is they are clichés that are common to the genre? If so could you provide some examples for them? I would like to have a real send up of the whole thing to make it fun and easily recognizable for my players. Many of my players are really into the games but I haven’t got the time to play them. I was thinking of the title “The Fatel frame of the Clock tower's Suffering Resident evil and Eternal darkness that are Alone in the dark on Alice's, better known as Parasite Eve, Slient Hill.

I will be introducing the L-Virus which is produced by the Parasol to help the termally uncool become more hip. They took some of Elvis’ cells but they didn’t get the cells until he was dead. So now anyone that gets exposed to it becomes an evil Elvis Zombie.

Also I will have the standard T-Virus that was taken from Mr. T. Those will be the boss fights.

I would like input on what other kinds of things that Parasol would be into. In other words what other things can be add to this from other the video games to make the players go “oh, yeah that is from. . . (Fill in the blank video game)” I just don’t have the references for this kind genre. That is why I would like to get some information form those that have done the research for this kind of thing.

Any help for this will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
Zombies of course are fairly resistant to conventional weaponry.

The best-known combo for combatting zombies is a shotgun in one hand and a chainsaw in the other...

Atom Again

First Post
One very important element in survival horror games is arbitrary limitations on carrying capacity. Be sure to include things like this:

Player: I take the key.

GM: You can't!

Player: Why not?

GM: You're already carring six items. You have to drop one before you can pick up the key.

VirgilCaine

First Post
Really ironic name there, buddy.

Even better, the PCs find their weapons in the order of: small handgun, small longarm, big handgun, big longarm.

Every handgun the PCs find is 9mm. Every. Single. One.

Except for a few chosen characters, everyone else dies horribly and easily.

Also, every character should be ridiculously young for the skills they have.

Have arbitrarily locked doors. Nothing, not even a deity, can open a door without the proper key.

Also, no revolvers under .357 Magnums hould be found, and they should start with a single magazine of ammunition--even if they are supposed to be heavily armed S.W.A.T. members. :mad:

Every door should take at least 30 seconds to open. And you can't see whats on the other side until you cross the threshold.

Oh, and zombies can make grapple checks, but you can't.

Last edited:

Death_Jester

Explorer
I could always give the zombies Improved Grab and feats related to being immune to attacks of oppertunity. So no matter how slow they move they always manage to get a hold of you with out being able to do anything about it.

Krieg

First Post
I'm sorry did you say "L-Virus" or "El-Vira"? :p

ohmy.jpg

Last edited:

Krieg

First Post
Johnnie Freedom! said:
Man, El Vira isn't getting any younger, is she? :\

Well if she was, then I'd be worried...of course it would make the whole "Mistress of the Dark" title feel a lot more genuine. ;)

Last edited:

jerichothebard

First Post
VirgilCaine said:
Really ironic name there, buddy.

Even better, the PCs find their weapons in the order of: small handgun, small longarm, big handgun, big longarm.

Every handgun the PCs find is 9mm. Every. Single. One.

And can be reloaded simply by kicking a box of ammo.

And don't forget health packs - kick a medical kit, get back 30% of your health.

talien

Community Supporter
Death_Jester said:
I will be introducing the L-Virus which is produced by the Parasol to help the termally uncool become more hip. They took some of Elvis’ cells but they didn’t get the cells until he was dead. So now anyone that gets exposed to it becomes an evil Elvis Zombie.
This is too funny. There's an Elvis zombie in "Blood and Brains: The Zombie Hunter's Guide."

It's coming out from RPGObjects. Check it out: http://www.rpgobjects.com/index.php?page=pro&product_id=44

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads