• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Modern The Losers

Uruush

First Post
I'm thinking of running a short d20 Modern game based on the great Vertigo title, 'The Losers' by Andy Diggle and Jock. Anyone out there tried this? It would be my first d20 Modern game - I've been looking at the ruleset for a long time but wasn't inspired to run anything for it until I got my hands on this comic book. :cool:

pensiv

Explorer
I think that you have a great idea there. If you're thinking of making the PCs the Losers, I would wait at least a year for more issues explaning who "Max" is and what is actually going on, unless you want to start making stuff up real fast.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
omokage said:
I think that you have a great idea there. If you're thinking of making the PCs the Losers, I would wait at least a year for more issues explaning who "Max" is and what is actually going on, unless you want to start making stuff up real fast.

What do you mean, Max was the big purple dude with yellow claws, had a great comic and cartoon...how wait, wrong "Max"... ;)

JPL

Adventurer
Ocean's Eleven meets the A-Team. Can't go wrong with that.

Might take a look at "Blood and Guts" if you'd like a more detailed treatment of different Spec Ops groups and some variant combat rules.

What level will you start these guys at?

Jim Hague

First Post
I'm thinking of the same thing, when I have time, 'cept that I'm going with Spycraft. Works perfectly for the characters:

*Pooch - Wheelman: "There ain't been a rig made that I'm not master of."
*Aisha - Soldier: "I was born in a desert place. War was my only mother."
*Jensen - Snoop/Faceman: "Candy, meet baby."
*Clay - Pointman: "This isn't about the law, it's about what's right."
*Cougar - Soldier/Sniper: "De nada." (after popping security guards from a high rise across the street, though two windows)

Last edited:

Uruush

First Post
I was thinking 6th level. I want it to be cinematic, but for my first game, I don't want them to be *too* high a level.

The PCs won't really be the Losers, but the first several comics will be required reading and each of the players will be asked to make a character based on the skills and archetype of one of the main characters. The campaign might open just after issue #12, (depending on what that looks like), with the assumption that everything that has occured to the Loser characters has just occured to their characters.

I don't have Spycraft or Blood and Guts and can't really afford to pick them up right now, but I'll browse through them and read some reviews.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads