• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D20: Pathfinder, 3.5...oh my Ammunition with spells.

Light Knight

First Post
Is it possible...is it to powerful...what would you charge? Or are there rules already.

Let's say a player wants to make a hawkeye style character....

He wants ammunition with different type spells on it.

Say one that does web, another with a fireball, another with guided shot..etc.

What would the cost be?

And how would it work. Say I put disintegrate on an arrow. I fire the arrow and have to hit with the arrow..will there then be another ranged touch? Or is the original hit sufficient?

Quartz

Hero
Take 2 levels in Arcane Archer to get the Imbue Arrow ability.

I suppose I should expand on this. For 3.5E you probably want a build like Ftr 2 / Wiz 5 or Sor 6 / Eldritch Knight 1 or 2 / AA 2 / EK thereafter.

More to the point, isn't placing ranged spells with arrows just a special effect? So it could all be handwaved as a special effect of something like the Eldritch Knight PrC.

delericho

Legend
In theory, it's just a single-use, use-activated spell effect: per the DMG, the cost should be (spell level) x (caster level) x 50gp.

And, now that I've said that, some advice to your DM: do not, under any circumstances, allow this! The magic item creation rules from the DMG are pretty screwy, to say the least, and this, in particular, is a quick way to run into trouble.

Remove ads