• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Weekly New Issue Posted

d20wEditor

First Post
Hi folks,

The new issue leads off with an article by Wizards' Director of RPG R&D, Bill Slavicsek, on how the SHADOW CHASERS minigame evolved into the d20 MODERN RPG. There's also an article by Vincent Paul Cooper that details a militaristic order and prestige class, Plot Points detailing horrific items for the d20 CALL OF CTHULHU game by Billy Aguiar, a column on city design by Thomas M. Reid, advice on adding horror to any RPG session, and reviews of the Monsternomicon, Mongoose's Chronomancy book, and the Lad of the Rising Dead from Pinnacle by Matthew Pook, Andy Vetromile, and Andrew Hind respectively.

Check out www.d20weekly.com; it's only $20 to subscribe for 52 weekly issues.

Thanks and take care all,

Dale Donovan
Editor, d20weekly.com

Mr. Donovan,

How are back issues handled? If I were to subscribe today, would I have access to the back issues and 52 weeks worth of zines, or no back issues, or back issues and however many zines minus the number of back issues previously done?

Whew... I hope I didn't lose anyone in that chaotic jumble, lol.

Thanks!

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Back Issues

Khan the Warlord said:
How are back issues handled? If I were to subscribe today, would I have access to the back issues and 52 weeks worth of zines, or no back issues, or back issues and however many zines minus the number of back issues previously done?

My day job is with SJGames and I've spent some time "behind-the-scenes" with D20 Weekly (but Dale has me beat in the "time spent on D20 Weekly" category). But this one I can handle.

When you subscribe you get 52 weeks starting the day you subscribe. During that time you have access to all back issues on the site plus some material from Pyramid that was used to seed the archives. Rather than thinking of them as back issues think of it as a giant archive of articles that were released before you subscribed.

d20wEditor

First Post
Hi all,

As Phil Reed already pointed out, a subscriber gets 52 weekly issues from the time the sub gets processed, plus access to the archives Phil mentioned.

This week I posted issue #16; we've been posting issues since the beginning of July. An issue runs between 10,000 and 15,000 words each week. (You can see a breakdown of this week's contents above.) That's 40,000 to 60,000 words/month, for 12 months, all for $20/year. (Do the math yourself, but that's a lot of d20 coverage for less than the price of many d20 printed supplements.)

This means that, if you subscribed with next week's issue, you'd get that and 51 new issues of the zine, plus a minimum of 160,000 (10,000 x 16) words of articles, Plot Points, NPCs, reviews, and columns already in the archive. And that's not counting the d20 articles and reviews from PYRAMID that we've also made available in the archives.

Now I know I'm biased, but I think that's a pretty good investment of $20.

If there are any d20 WEEKLY subscribers out there, I invite them to use this thread to tell those who don't subscribe what they think of the zine.

Thanks all and take care (and thanks to Phil for jumping on this question before I did),

Dale Donovan
Editor, www.d20weekly.com

EliasVaughn

First Post
As a current subscriber to both Pyramid and d20 Weekly, I couldn't be more satisfied. SJGames knows their zines.

With Weekly specifically, you usually get at least one piece of OGC a week: prestige classes, feats, spells, they've even given out rules subsystems for hit locations.

You get interviews and sneak previews of products from big-name d20 companies; even WotC herself has spilled on Modern and the BoVD.

And might I just add that I absolutely love the Road to Sournal Tar series by Steve Miller. Miller is detailing a fantasy world through the travelogue/journal of Talin, "a young priest traveling from his home village to the distant Imperial regional capital." And each installment gives an excellent mix of chewy world background and crunchy game rules, including prestige classes and even an entire religion, all OGC.

If you are undecided on d20 Weekly, may I just be one more voice saying, "Go for it!"

Oh, and sign up a friend. The referral bonus is very nice. If anyone is feeling generous, my account name is ham2anv - just put it in the little box on your subscription form :)

annadobritt

First Post
I subscribed right after reading the first article. Well worth the price! I particularly like the articles that concern cities, maps and castles. Can never get enough of that information.

At least one article and sometimes more each week have excellent information in them and those I print out and place in a 2" D Ring binder.

Excellent zine all around.:D

Remove ads