D20Modern: The "In Character" Character game[Recruitment]

KitanaVorr

First Post
Hey

I don't know about the interest in all this, but I thought wouldn't it be amusing if there was a game where we played ourselves as D20 Modern characters?

Have you ever wondered how you'd stack up as a hero/heroine?

It would also be a fun way to get to know everyone.

EDIT: Added this so that people can read this right off instead of searching for the post down there.

You can have your real occupation or the PbPGamer Occupation and of course the specialization: PbPAddict will be available....with new skills, etc....

Everyone will start at 1st level but you'll quickly move up in level no fear! You'll be required to start with some ranks in Knowledge(D&D).

People are not allowed to:
1. Die, they will be only unconscious and moved to the hospital by paramedics
2. Talk about mature subject matter...I'm going for a G rating here.
3. Be serious, hey this is for fun!

The basic premise is that everyone is meeting at a convention when bad things happen and its up to the band of PbPGamers to solve the mystery and stop the madness! Ya'all start off in your normal lives but once ah...an event happens, then you'll be allowed access to the arcane/psychic/divine powers via wild talent feats.

I know this is madness on my part, but there will be no limit on how many people play in this game unless I go beserk. You don't have to post every day, but ah...if you don't post at least once a day the GM will take liberties with your character and probably lock him or her in a closet quaking in fear.

It will be a VERY bizarre adventure with even more bizarre weapons...for example I have stats for a...ah..."Chicken Morpher" I'm dying to use....so you can tell this is in no way at remotely serious so I will be pretty relaxed about the play style.

What I'd like:
1. Name (First and Last or just First is fine...but please your ACTUAL real name)
2. Occupation(your ACTUAL occupation or take PbPGamer Occupation available)
3. Description or Picture
4. Anything you want to add like why you picked the class you did.
5. Your current D20 Character Stats

Starting at Level 1
32 point buy system
Don't worry about wealth, buy normal stuff you would have for equipment

Convention: Ithacon

Here is the rogue gallery thread to see who's currently playing. If you've already been approved for the game, post up your character profile, let me know and I'll start you in.

These are the players so far....

Level Ten
Hanh (Almighty DM with her two cats) - USA
Six aka Sixchan - Scotland
Wille aka Dalamar - Finland
James aka Jemal - Canada

Level Nine
Rom aka Janos Audron - Netherlands

Level Eight
James aka FestyDog - Australia

Level Six
Mario aka Lichtenhart - Italy

Level Five
Daniel aka Thoughtbubble- USA?

Level Four
Folkert aka Douane - Germany

Level Three
Curran aka Ivanhoe - USA

Level Two
Matt aka Krizzel - USA
Patrik Renholm - Finland

Level One
Erich aka Wanderer- USA

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
I do not own d20 Modern, but I find this idea mildly interesting...

However, before you go on with this most unusual venture - be aware that it will be incredibly difficult to RP yourselves. While it would be easier in an RL game, where your reactions are immediate, in a PbP there is time to sit back and consider your reactions, and you can go over a post and make it look better.

Just my 2 cp, though...

KitanaVorr

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
I do not own d20 Modern, but I find this idea mildly interesting...

However, before you go on with this most unusual venture - be aware that it will be incredibly difficult to RP yourselves. While it would be easier in an RL game, where your reactions are immediate, in a PbP there is time to sit back and consider your reactions, and you can go over a post and make it look better.

Just my 2 cp, though...

don't have to own d20 modern to play

Oh I don't find it a problem. I mean, I wasn't everyone being able to be truly faithful to ourselves. This game is totally not supposed to be serious, just some fun and hilarity. I plan on being my completely bizzaro self...slightly exaggerated though not quite as exaggerated as Hanhp....

KitanaVorr

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
I'm afraid I don't know Hanhp (or should I be afraid to know her?) ;)

Ok, then what level are we? One for every game we're in? :D

geez then gary would be an epic character...:p

LOL well Hanhp is actually androgenous (which I am not!) but otherwise, very much like me exaggerated....

Last edited:

Remove ads