• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[DaemonEye] Another New Artist's Call

Strutinan

First Post
As some of you might know over here at DaemonEyePublishing we repeatedly designate a product to be a "New Artist" project. The point of this is to give amateur and hopeful artists a place to get thier work published. We tend to accept all material for the project, even if much of it will not make it into the final product. We do not pay for the artwork submitted except in byline and gratis copy, which helps keep professional artists from being tempted into submitting work.

This has two effects:
1 > It makes sure that the artwork submitted is the best that the artist can do, as only the best and most appropriate make it into the project.
2 > Undercuts production costs so that we can charge very-low prices for the product.

All sumbissions remain the property of the artist. By submitting them you only give DaemonEye Publishing the right to use them in products. Any product they are used in will result in a free copy of that product being sent to the artist at the e-mail address the image was sent from.

The latest New Artist product is going to be a pdf which details a new magic system for 3.x edition. I'm shooting for a 50-60 page product, so space is kinda tight. It will be called "Arcanus Veritas".

If you would like to submit images for this project, just e-mail it to: dal_oren<at>hotmail.com

All submitted images must fulfill the following criteria:
1 > They must be the submitter's rightful property.
2 > They must be sent in .jpg format.
3 > No image sent can be larger than 250kb.
4 > In the body of the e-mail the artist must give their full legal name.
5 > One image per e-mail.
6 > Place the name of the project in the subject field of the e-mail.
7 > All submissions must be sent to dal_oren@hotmail.com.
If any of the above conditions is not met, then the images sent cannot be used.

Thank you, and I hope to work with you in the following months.

Jay Tyler Barrell
(Strutinan)
Owner: DaemonEye Publishing

Strutinan

First Post
So far I've had two folks "sign up" for the project. Some pretty good artwork here, but the idea is to have a product that showcases the work of MANY new arttists, not just a couple.

So if you folks who have already commited material (and you know who you are ;) ) have any friends who need exposure, let them know about this ok?

Strutinan

First Post
There are no specific requirements in this kind of project, it is all good. Folks send in whatever they like, and the best stuff gets used. Just stick with the theme of the book, and everything should be fine.

Heck, I don't even have a cover image or cover illustrator chosen!

EDIT: On a related note, I just finished updating the artwork page over at my company home page. You can direct-link to it from THIS LINK

Last edited:

Remove ads