• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Daggerheart 1.4 update

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Sounds like mostly small scale changes -- which is good! That means they are settling on the big issues and moving ever closer to a full release.

This reminded me that needed to get my Daggerheart playtest group back together. And based on specific comments from them,I think we will jump to 5th level to test out some of that content.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
We did session three of our game last night. We are playing with Discord and characters from Demiplane. One of the things I like about Demiplane is that it has a survey about sessions right on the character sheet.

It's tough to really talk about the game rules because we've been having some issues with the technology and player ability.

I really like all the classes we have and what they can do. The GM has leaned into having us make decisions about the game, and some of the players love it, while others lack the skills to do so.

The one thing that has been a challenge for us is the Initiative system. The same players who have trouble with the tech also are the "I want to do this, and this, and this and then ... this." They have a similar problem with what you can do in a turn in D&D.

It comes down to the GM taking control of the situation, and that's been rough on our new GM. In thinking about it, this may mean that some kinds of groups won't be able to get a combat to run effectively, and I think this may be a barrier.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
We played 5th level characters against a ice dragon and it was very fun. I like the variability of turn order against a boss monster based on players rolling with fear. It feels uncertain and swingy, in a good way.

Remove ads