• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Daily Art Preview

Ginnel

Explorer
Now isn't that pretty art, only one complaint the way they stand or don't on the ground just doesn't work otherwise bring on more art like this I say.

I think the zombie is throwing some of its own body on the left its a zombie artillery which throws for damage and it also weakens you I believe.

Andor

First Post
Meh. Everbody knows D&D zombies really look like this:
zombiesmall.jpg

Klaus

First Post
The picture *seems* to be rebdered well enough (it is rather small to make out the details), but the composition is a bit confusing, like they were rendered separatedly and then Photoshopped together (the one in the back seems to be holding a club on its right hand, but we can't really see it). The excess of fog doesn't help in that regard.

Ginnel

Explorer
Klaus said:
The picture *seems* to be rebdered well enough (it is rather small to make out the details), but the composition is a bit confusing, like they were rendered separatedly and then Photoshopped together (the one in the back seems to be holding a club on its right hand, but we can't really see it). The excess of fog doesn't help in that regard.

Yup the more I look at it, the more it just has to be photoshopped.

The club which you barely see
the Feet not touching the ground properly
the weird composition

nice spot Klaus

Voss

First Post
Klaus said:

The color palette doesn't help either. Between the smallness, the fog, and the dark blues and dark greens blending together, the detail is pretty much lost.

Klaus

First Post
Voss said:
The color palette doesn't help either. Between the smallness, the fog, and the dark blues and dark greens blending together, the detail is pretty much lost.
And just to clarify, Todd Lockwood once told me that it is "okay" to lose detail here and there, when it's done on purpose. That helps bring the main subject of a painting into focus.

frankthedm

First Post
I kinda like the zombie illo. The pic is almost black and white and for zombies that is kinda neat.

Corruption Corpse: should look more goopy, but I supose that mifght be a little to over the top.

Chillborn: Not bad

Big zombie: I am guessing bugbear bloodhulk. I'd be very happy if 4E ogres DO look like that though.

Gravehound: Looks a LOT like some bad ass zombie dire wolf minis from a spanish miniatures company.

Winged zombie: Huh? Well, as it happens I have a mage knight mini for this critter, so I guess i can't complain.

Remove ads