• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Dallas Gameday] Aftermath and Commentary starts on Page 10!

TalonComics

First Post
Shadowdancer said:
That's great news, Talon. I was hoping someone would run some D&D in the first slot so I'd have an opportunity to play. LG is OK, I'm an RPGA member, but the only character I ever created got killed in the second adventure I participated in. Since all the 3.0 character have to be converted to 3.5 anyway, is it OK to create a 3.5 character now to use before Oct. 1?

I wish we could but we have to stick to 3.0 until the official change over date. :(
Since the LG slots won't start until 12:30 we will have plenty of time to put together characters for those who haven't played before. I will also have FREE RPGA memberships available at the event for those who haven't joined yet. You will need your RPGA number if you are already a member.

~D

Sam Witt

First Post
My Game Ideas

So, here's what I'm thinking of running, the responses I get here will go a long way toward helping me finalize what I run.

1> Escape from Monkey Zombie Island
Pirates. Airships. And where'd all these monkey zombies come from? With your crew half-dead and your supplies running low, can you organize your escape from an island hell?

I'll run this using one of the following:
a> All Flesh Must Be Eaten/Terra Primate hybrid.
b> d20
c> Savage Worlds

All characters are pregens. 4-6 players.

2> Made . . . men?
So you're new to the Forge and already things are looking down. But if you'll just do me this favor, I can make your problems disappear. There's this merchant, see, who doesn't want to pay his protection . . .

This is an Oathbound game (d20 3.5) for 4-6 players. Pregenerated characters will be made available for play. Think 'fantasy mafia gone horribly awry' and you'll be close to the mark. Some subject matter may be too mature for those who were unable to buy Grand Theft Auto at their local Wal-Mart.

3> The Safe House
They told you to report here after your last mission, that you'd contacts would be waiting to extract you. But the only thing you've found is a hallway that's way too long to fit into the house and a strange tapping noise that seems to be coming from inside the walls.

This is a d20 game for 4-6 players. Pregenerated characters will be made available for play. Think 'surreal survival fantasy.'

4> Death Crawl
A new and exciting type of Xcrawl is making its way through the underground combat circuit. Too bad for you - you've been picked as one of the next contestants. Fight for your life in the most bizarre Xcrawl ever, feeding on your opponents and allies as you struggle to keep from rotting away before you see the finish line.

This is an Xcrawl game for 4-6 players, with an emphasis on competitive play. Pregenerated characters will be made available.

SO those are the 4 games I COULD run. Depending on the response I get, I'll probably run one in each of the available slots.

Sam

Milo Taproot

First Post
Excellent, I have cleared that Sunday and have put in on my calender.

Count on me as a traveler player. I have not played traveler in 20 years(if you call what we did as playing) and I am looking foward to trying out this new version.

Also if Sam gets a slot, and it does not conflict with the traveler game, then sign me up. By the way Sam all 4 of those ideas sound fun, though whenever a monkey and zombies come together I always pay attention.

*crosses fingers for spycraft game to appear*

Zogg

First Post
You know, this post will serve as a bump AND a request to the moderators to create a "Con Organization" forum. Since this particular event doesn't take place until late September, there is probably a better soluition to keeping this thread around with dozens of *bumps*. Unless of course they want to make it a sticky, which would also be cool.

Jeremy757

First Post
I don't know I like saying bump. plus:

*bump*

is kinda decorative. It pretties up the thread.

he he he he he

:D

Last edited:

TalonComics

First Post
shadoe said:
Please put Shadoe's Lady and myself down for the Arcana Unearthed game.

Just a thought, but should we use name tags with our user names for this event? So that everyone knows who everyone else is?

You can if you like. We have what are called "table tents" so people can see your real name and your character's name at the same time while you're playing. We'll have those on hand as well. :)

~D

FletcherGreen

First Post
Sign me up for T20.
Sign up Nathan (friend who currently has no internet) for T20 as well. And sign him up for whatever Sam Witt is running in slot one (his vote is for Monkey Zombie Island.)

Psychotic Jim

First Post
Put me down for the Escape from Monkey Zombie Island (or Made.. Men or any of the other of Sam Whitt's) game. My vote goes for the first two of Sam Whitt's options, but all look pretty good. What is the Nevermore game? Is it D&D, d20 or a different game system all together? And maybe some more details. Thanks.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads